Template: Infobox Municipio / maintenance / management address is empty
Template: Infobox Municipio / Maintenance / county council is empty
Template: Infobox city in Portugal / Maintenance / card is empty
Template: Infobox city in Portugal / Maintenance / Height is empty
Template: Infobox city in Portugal / Maintenance / Mayor is filled
Template: Infobox city in Portugal / maintenance / road is empty
Template: Infobox city in Portugal / Maintenance / Web page is blank Cantanhede is a Cidade and a circle ( concelho ) in Portugal with 7730 inhabitants (as at 30 June 2011).
Finds evidence of a settlement of the area at least since the middle Paleolithic. The present town was first mentioned in 1057, as did D.Sisnando attach and colonize the area. On May 20, 1514 renewed the former King Manuel I, conferred by King Afonso II, the city rights ( Foral ).
According Fernão Lopes king Pedro I here in 1360 his posthumous marriage to the Murdered Inês de Castro announced.
On 16 August 1991, the previous Vila ( town ) Cantanhede the Cidade (City) has been charged.
Cantanhede is the seat of the homonymous district. The neighboring districts are in the north Vagos, Oliveira do Bairro and Anadia, in the east Mealhada, southeast of Coimbra, in the south Montemor -o -Velho and Figueira da Foz, in the southwest of Mira and in the west by the Atlantic Ocean.
The following municipalities are located in the district of Cantanhede:
- Corticeiro de Cima
- São Caetano
- Brazil Brazil: Cantanhede ( Maranhao )
- Portugal: Rio Maior
- Portugal: Mêda
- France France: Alfortville
Nationally and internationally known Cantanhede is for its wines, especially red wine. There is also a focus of the watch and jewelery production in the country.
In the municipalities Cantanhede, Febres, Murtede and Tocha are the four business areas of the circle, the Parques Industriais in which a large number have settled establishments in the manufacturing sector, administration and logistics. In Beira Parque Atlântico - Parque Tecnológico e Cultural de Cantanhede (English: Atlantic Park the Beira region - Culture and Technology Park Cantanhede ) devotes one next to the new economy, especially biotechnology, and Oenology of forestry.
Also, agriculture and some tourism, especially on the beaches of the municipality Tocha are to call yet.
Since the suspension of the Ramal da Figueira da Foz Cantanhede does not have its own railway line more 2009; the nearest station is now located in the Mealhada 13 km away, stop the Linha do Norte.
About the motorway network Cantanhede is to reach the 15 km from the A17 on the junction of Mealhada the A1, 13 km away, on the junction Ançã is 10 km from the A14 and the junction Tocha.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Pedro Teixeira (1585-1641), discoverer and researcher of Amazonia
- António Luís de Meneses, 1st Marquês de MARIALVA ( 1603-1675 ), commander of the Portuguese Restoration War
- João Crisóstomo de Amorim Pessoa (1810-1888), Archbishop of Braga and Patriarch of the East Indies (Goa)
- Jaime Cortesão (1884-1960), doctor, politician, historian and author.
- Auzenda de Oliveira (1888-1960), actress
- António Fragoso (1897-1918), composer, pianist and author
- Augusto Abelaira (1926-2003), journalist and writer
- Luís Filipe ( born 1979 ), football player
- Carlos Pereira Rodrigues ( born 1981 ), football player