- 34.20563718.404318Koordinaten: 34 ° 12 ' 20 " S, 18 ° 24' 16" E
The Cape Peninsula (English Cape Peninsula ) is a 35 kilometer long peninsula in the southwest of South Africa. It is located south of Cape Town. Lie the Cape of Good Hope and Cape Point at its southern end. In the north, it starts at the Table Mountain in Cape Town.
It consists of predominantly vegetated with fynbos mountain ranges and rocky surfaces, of which a large part of the Table Mountain National Park - includes a plurality of individual areas - is ingested.
Geologically it is a from the edge threshold Mountains ( Cape Fold Belt ) separated and it upstream chain of mountain ranges ( and the shallower southern foothills ) from Table Mountain Sandstone, through the sand area of the Cape Flats (formed from eroded rock and zoom -blown sands ) with the edge threshold Mountains connection is established.
On the Cape Peninsula there are several monuments:
- In the north: Table Mountain and Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens.
- On the west side: Camps Bay and the incipient in Hout Bay coastal road of Chapman's Peak Drive along the ridge of the Twelve Apostles.
- At the southern tip: The Cape of Good Hope and Cape Point ( with the associated lighthouse) in the area of the Table Mountain National Park, which occur among other wild baboons and ostriches.
- To the east: Boulder 's Beach with a colony of African penguins and the villages of Simon 's Town and Fish Hoek.
Cape Point with lighthouse
A piece of Table Mountain sandstone
Boulder 's Beach
Baboon on the Cape Peninsula