52.34722222222212.99527777777833Koordinaten: 52 ° 20 ' 50 " N, 12 ° 59' 43 " O
Location of Caputh in Brandenburg
Caputh [ ka'pu: t] is a town in the municipality in the district of Potsdam Havel means Mark of Brandenburg ( Germany ).
The first mentioned in 1317, independent village Caputh joined on 31 December 2002 with the communities Ferch and Geltow to Schwielowsee together. Caputh lies south-west of Potsdam on the Havel and Lake Templin which are drained by the river Havel. Apart from its scenic attractions, a pull factor for water sports enthusiasts and hikers, the flower village, the local Church of Caputh and Einstein's summer house was the Caputh known. About the Caputher Gemünde, a constriction of the Havel between Templin and Lake Havel, has existed for more than 150 years the Caputh ferry. This connects with Geltow Caputh.
In Lienewitzer forest is a treasure trove ( two gold bracelets, a gold- plate -driven vessel and gold wire spirals ) from the younger Urnfield trade relations with South East Central European region of origin of the finds.
In 1317 the village Caputh ( in the spelling " Capputh " ) is first mentioned in a document of Margrave Waldemar. The Slavic core of the village name probably means hoof and describes the horseshoe shape of the Caputher lake. Due to the small size of the field marks and the lakes and forests around the village, the farmers brought their cattle fodder and the hay earlier from the area of Drewitz south-east of Potsdam. Still today the Caputher Heuweg at this time. The inhabitants of Caputh had no fishing rights. They worked as lumberjacks, tar boiler and in the brick around. 1662 is the village in the possession of the architect Philip de Chiese over ( Philippe de la Chieze ).
Main article: Caputh
Estate and castle were in the Prince Elector owned since the 16th century. 1608 a hunting lodge was built. The Great Elector Friedrich Wilhelm left the estate in 1662, Philippe de la Chieze who built the castle Caputh the only castle preserved to this day from the early Baroque Brandenburg in Potsdam area. 1671 went good and lock back into electoral ownership of and were princesses ( widows ) - and princesses seat. The castle was extended in 1673 and received 1687/94 a new interior. On July 8 1709 the Three Kings arrived in the Caputh as part of the Epiphany meeting. King Frederick William I took Caputh for occasional hunting stays and who set up around 1720 tiles hall with approximately 7500 Dutch faience tiles in the basement of the house. The castle park from the 17th century was transformed immediately after the transfer of ownership to the family of Thümen 1820 by Peter Joseph. 1908 the castle passed by inheritance to the family of Willich, who lived in the castle until 1945. The south-west wing of the castle comes from 1908 /09. After an interim use as a vocational school for photographers and florists in the GDR Palace and Park Caputh 1995-1999 were extensively restored.
Local church Caputh and Caputher music
When the first church was built in Caputh, is no longer detectable. However, the present church building was dilapidated and in 1820 too small for the congregation. There have been modifications and repairs. 1838 used a small organ from the Oranienburger orphanage was purchased. The building inspector Christian Heinrich Ziller, an uncle who later be built in Saxony brothers Ziller and the acting in Greece Ernst Ziller, presented 1846 a conversion proposal. This was refused, instead Friedrich August Stiller commissioned a new building design. Ziller made detailed drawings. He took over from 1850 to 1852, the construction management. There was a basilica complex. The church receives outside a Putzquaderung between pilasters of yellowish brick. The sacristy connects the laterally adjacent standing bell tower with the eastern part of the northern aisle. The church was inaugurated IV in the presence of King Friedrich Wilhelm on February 8, 1852. 1883 Church gets a new bell of Hugo Collier from Berlin. About the predecessor bell nothing is known.
Church and castle now serve among other things as a venue for Baroque concerts at the Caputher music that take place each year from April to December.
Economic development since the 19th century
The Schiffer village Caputh was the beginning of the 19th century hub of Zauch - Havelländisches Brickyard district for water transport the bricks to Berlin. Following the decline of brick production, Caputh developed since the late 19th century to fruit cultivation and recreation area for Potsdam and Berlin.
Einstein's summer idyll
From 1928 to 1932 Caputh summer residence of Albert Einstein. He settled in 1929 by Konrad Wachsmann a summer house built right on the edge. In the words Come to Caputh, hell with the world invited his son Eduard Einstein in his wooden refuge and on his sailboat one. His idyll he could enjoy only three summers since the advent of Hitler prompting him not to return from a commenced in December 1932 trip to the U.S.. In the course of expropriations during the Nazi period in 1935 the house became the property of the municipality Caputh.
The Einstein Caputh was put to Einstein 2005 repaired and is once again open to the public since May 2005. It is operated by the Einstein Forum Potsdam as a meeting place and can be visited during the summer months. Einstein himself never wanted that his house is ever used as a museum. Therefore, an informative exhibition on Einstein's summer house with documents, photos, videos and models located in the community center Caputh.
Jewish Child and Landschulheim
Since 1931, the Jewish teacher Gertrud holiday operation on Potsdamer Straße a children's home with reform- pedagogical approach for first 35 children. Due to the expulsion of Jewish students from the schools, it extended its capacity by renting neighboring houses, including the summer home of Einstein, to 80 people. Frequent attacks by the Nazis and an assault in connection with the pogrom of 1938, destroying the interior forcing the closing of the house. Gertrud holiday was deported to Auschwitz, where she died in 1943. 1986, it was named after Anne Frank, since 1988 a memorial plaque to the. On the work of the founder remembers nothing. Today in the house a children's home is located.
Since 1937 lived and worked by the Nazis as " degenerate artist " defamed Magnus Zeller Caputh in the house Scholl -Straße 8
First Horticulture Production Association of the GDR
In October 1957, the first Horticulture Production Association (GPG ) of the GDR was founded in Caputh - are comparable agricultural production cooperatives ( LPG) and Production Association of Craft ( PGH ).
Rock in Caputh
Rock in Caputh is a nonprofit open-air music festival in Caputh near Potsdam. The project will be prepared annually by over 100 volunteers.
- The bus company offers Havelbus with the line 607 to a bus from Potsdam Caputh by Ferch.
- The two breakpoints Caputh - Geltow and Caputh - Havel on the ring rail served by the regional train 23.
- In Caputh There are two landing for passenger ships of the company White Fleet Potsdam. These piers are situated directly at Caputh and Caputher Gemünde near the Tussy II Ferry The company leads with his ships round trips on the Havel lakes through.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Werner Blankenburg (1905-1957), one of the most responsible for the Nazi "euthanasia" killings ( "T4 " ), the destruction of the Polish Jews in the "Aktion Reinhard " and the X-ray castration experiments at Auschwitz
- Werner Fischer ( * 1950), opposition in the GDR
- Barbara Czekalla ( born 1951 ), volleyball player
- Christoph Links (* 1954), publisher
- Horst -Günter Marx ( born 1955 ), actor
- Petra Blossey ( born 1956 ), actress in the RTL series Unter Uns
- Madeleine Wehle ( b. 1968 ), TV presenter