CBC Radio One
CBC Radio One is a state of English-language radio station in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The station broadcasts exclusively of news and other information programs. The station is operated by the state-owned Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. The program content is ad-free and provide current local information and news programs as well as national information and news broadcasts. The program is broadcast on AM or FM. Thus, the transmitter reaches 98 % of the population. Furthermore, the program is also broadcast by Radio Canada International, and through the Internet and through mobile apps world
A modified version of CBC Radio with local program content can be 169empfangen via the Sirius XM Satellite Radio on the channel. It is receivable for subscribers of Sirius XM Radio Canada and for the citizens of the United States, with the Sirius XM Satellite Radio.
According to the latest market analysis collected, approximately 4.3 million listeners each week follow the program the transmitter. Thus, it is the largest radio network in Canada.
CBC Radio began broadcasting in 1936 and is the oldest station of the company. In 1949 the transmission facilities and personnel of the former Broadcasting Corporation of Newfoundland to the then newly founded CBC and with the merger of the province of Newfoundland merged to form Canadian confederation.
In early 1944, CBC operation two channels in English. The first ( original network) became the Trans-Canada Network and the second ( Dominion Network) was established by the CJBC station as flagship in Toronto. With the exception of the transmitter in Toronto all the other 35 stations were privately operated. The program was easier than that of the Trans-Canada Networks to more American program content. The Dominion Network was operating mainly in the afternoon, during the day the local transmitter radiated their program content.
In 1960, the CBC, the station recording on FM. The three English-language stations which were located in Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, a mono signal sent. Initially, classical music has been sent. The transmitters were fitted with the identical program. We transferred the programs on transmission lines and microwaves. The program was maintained until 1962 was changed to 1964 on the stereo signal.
In the late sixties and early seventies years the station changed its program content. For more news and live coverage were broadcast what seemed at the time a radio revolution. These changes began with national radio shows such as As It Happens. The changes of the radio program progressed, so that the CBC regional morning broadcasts news, weather and traffic conditions radiated. CBC Radio Winnipeg was the first station who had taken over the new format. Followed by Information Morning from the transmitter in Halifax.
CBC Radio stopped broadcasting advertisements in 1974. Until 1995 the station ran a transmit any number between 1 und 6 clock clock at night. In the same year, the station started a night program CBC Radio Overnight with international news and other information programs. Mid-nineties were switched to FM, most CBC radio station.
CBC Radio One station
- Corner Brook, Newfoundland and Labrador - ( CBY )
- Gander, Newfoundland and Labrador - (CBG )
- Grand Falls, Newfoundland and Labrador - (CBT )
- Inuvik, Northwest Territories - ( CHAK )
- Iqaluit, Nunavut - ( CFFB )
- Prince Rupert, British Columbia - ( CFPR )
- St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador - (CBN )
- Sydney, Nova Scotia - (CBI )
- Yellowknife, Northwest Territories - ( CFYK )
- Charlottetown, Prince Edward Iceland - ( CBCT -FM)
- Fredericton, New Brunswick - ( CBZF -FM)
- Goose Bay, Newfoundland and Labrador - ( CFGB -FM)
- Halifax, Nova Scotia - ( CBHA -FM)
- Kamloops, British Columbia - ( CBYK -FM)
- Kelowna, British Columbia - ( CBTK -FM)
- La Ronge, Saskatchewan - ( CBKA -FM)
- London, Ontario - ( CBCL -FM)
- Moncton, New Brunswick - ( CBAM -FM)
- Montreal, Quebec - ( CBME -FM)
- Ottawa, Ontario - (CBO -FM)
- Paris, Ontario ( Kitchener / Waterloo ) - ( CBLA - FM-2 )
- Prince George, British Columbia - ( CBYG -FM)
- Quebec City, Quebec - ( CBVE -FM)
- Saint John, New Brunswick - (CBD -FM)
- Sudbury, Ontario - ( CBCS -FM)
- Thompson, Manitoba - ( CBWK -FM)
- Thunder Bay, Ontario - ( CBQT -FM)
- Toronto, Ontario - ( CBLA -FM)
- Victoria, British Columbia - ( CBCV -FM)
- Whitehorse, Yukon - ( CFWH -FM)
- Windsor, Ontario - ( CBEW -FM)