Centre for Contemporary Arts
The Centre for Contemporary Arts - CCA Glasgow is a 1992 founded the Center for Art and Culture in Glasgow, Scotland. In CCA exhibitions of contemporary art, performances of music, performances of performing arts and film performances will take place.
After its inception in 1992, the CCA used for the first nine years of the 1855 -built McLellan Galleries in 270 Sauchiehall Street in Glasgow city center.
The CCA is now in 350 Sauchiehall Street at the corner of Scott Street in a Grade II listed building complex. The three-storey building was designed in 1865 under the name Grecian Chambers of Alexander ' Greek ' Thomson as a shop building in the style of "Egyptian Revival". The building was remodeled 1999-2001 by architects Page & Park, the conversion cost of £ 10.5 million were supported by funding from the Scottish Arts Council Lottery Fund. The interior of the CCA bar in the atrium of the building was designed by Jorge Pardo, and notes with bright colors and curved wood surfaces bonds on the psychedelic style of the 1960s. The CCA at the new location was opened in October 2001.
In an average of six large temporary exhibitions are held in the CCA. In the cinema hall, which can accommodate 75 audience, films of the cinema as well as experimental and historical films. In addition, located in the CCA five separable performing and exhibition spaces, a space for education and art education, rental space for artists and a studio apartment for visiting artists.