Look at Cerniat
Cerniat ( FR) ( Freiburg Patois Thèrnya? / I ) until December 31, 2013 Greyerzbezirk municipality in the canton of Fribourg in Switzerland. The German name Scherni is no longer used today. On 1 January 2014 merged with the former rural community Cerniat Charmey to the new municipality of Val -de- Charmey.
The canton abbreviation FR is used by the Swiss federal authorities to distinguish Cerniat of the homophonic Vaud commune Cerniaz.
Cerniat is located on 927 m above sea level. M., 8 km east of the district main town cop (air line). The farming village stretches along the south slope at the foot of Vanil of the Cours, above the creek achievements Javro (right tributary of the Jaunbach ), in the open valley of Charmey, in the Fribourg Alps.
The area of 33.8 km ² large municipality area includes a portion of the pre-alpine area in the southern part of the canton of Fribourg. The vast area is bounded on the south by the achievements Javro. To the north of the municipality of soil extends up the relatively gentle slope, covered by pastures and forests slope of Berra, with 1,719 m above sea level. M. is the highest point of Cerniat. This slope is divided by a series of small streams that flow to the achievements Javro. In the west the valley of Charmey by the peaks of Mont BiFe ( 1'483 m above sea level. M. ) and Vanil of the Cours ( 1,562 m above sea level. M. ) is limited.
In the northeast, the community area on the crest of the Berra extends into the headwaters of the Ärgera with the Plasselbschlund and the mountain ranges of Kapberg ( 1'442 m above sea level. M. ) and La Patta ( 1'616 m above sea level. M. ). The north-eastern boundary runs along the Höllbachs (right tributary of the Ärgera ). A small proportion of the municipality in the area of the court Bürglenberg situated in the basin of the Black Sea. From the municipality surface 1997 2 % related to settlements, 54 % of forest and shrubs, 41% to agriculture and less than 3% was unproductive land.
To Cerniat include the development Les Utsets on the slope of the Vanil Cours on the achievements Javro, the monastery Valsainte and widely scattered numerous individual farms on the southern slope of Berra (940 m above sea level. M. ). Neighboring communities of Cerniat were up on December 31, 2013 Charmey, Crésuz, Châtel- sur -Montsalvens, Botterens, Corbières, Haute Ville, La Roche, Plasselb and Plaffeien.
With 348 inhabitants ( 31 December 2012) Cerniat one of the small communities of the Canton of Fribourg. Of the 88.6% inhabitants are French-speaking, German-speaking 9.6 % and 0.3 % Italian-speaking (as of 2000). The population of Cerniat amounted in 1850 to 498 inhabitants, 1900 to 713 inhabitants. After the high of 749 residents in 1910, a population decline of over 55 % was recorded at 328 persons to 1980 due to strong migration. Since then, the population remained fairly stable.
Cerniat was until the second half of the 20th century, mainly coined by farming village. Even today, the livestock and dairy industry have an important role in the economic structure of the population. Add the cheese dairies Gruyere cheese is made. More jobs are in small local manufacturing and services available. In recent decades, the village has developed into a residential community. Many workers are therefore commuters who work in the region, Bull.
The community is located off the major thoroughfares, but is easily accessible from the main road from Bulle to Charmey. Through a post bus line that runs from the junction of the main road to Valsainte, Cerniat is connected to the public transport network. On the main road there are connections to the bus lines of the Transports publics Fribourgeois from Bulle to Gstaad and from Freiburg to Jaun.
The first written mention of the village was carried out in 1288 under the name Sernia. Cerniat is derived from the Latin word circinatus ( fenced), making the country a fenced yard is meant. The place belonged since the Middle Ages to the Lords of Corbières, 1295 under which the north-east location of Cerniat Charterhouse Valsainte was founded.
As part of the rule Corbières Cerniat 1553 came under the suzerainty of Freiburg. At the beginning of the 18th century, and in 1799 were numerous houses victim to a conflagration. After the collapse of the ancien régime (1798 ) belonged to the village during the Helvetic Republic to the sub-prefecture Corbières, which was raised in 1803 in the status of a district. 1848 Cerniat was incorporated with Corbières in the district of Gruyère. On 3 March 2013, the citizens approved the merger with the community Charmey.
Cerniat that once belonged to the parish Broc, since 1618 constitutes a separate parish. The parish church of Saint -Jean -et -Paul is just outside the village on a ledge below the hamlet of Les Utsets.
- Joseph -Frédéric -Benoît Charrière (1803-1876), instrument and equipment manufacturer