Champigny -sur -Marne is located in a loop of the River Marne, a French town with 75,800 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2011 ), about 16 kilometers southeast of the center of Paris.
Champigny -sur -Marne extending over four cantons and is itself the capital of three of these cantons.
- Canton Champigny -sur- Marne Centre (approx. 26,000 inhabitants)
- Canton Champigny -sur -Marne -Est (approx. 24,000 inhabitants)
- Canton Champigny -sur -Marne -Ouest (approx. 18,000 inhabitants)
The fourth part of the municipality in the canton of Bry -sur- Marne.
Champigny -sur -Marne consists of 12 districts:
- Bois l'Abbé -
- Cités Jardins - Les Boullereaux
- Coeuilly - Les Perroquets
- Les Coteaux - Musselburgh
- Le Plant
- Le Plant - Curie
- Village Parisien
Champigny -sur -Marne is the third largest city in the department of Val -de- Marne. Throughout France, the place is located in relation to the population at No. 59 Approximately 54 % of residents are 39 years or younger. Thus, Champigny -sur -Marne, a city with a relatively young population.
The town has a railway station Les Boullereaux -Champigny on the railway line Paris -Mulhouse, this is served by the RER line E ( line branch E4). There is another station with the name Champigny in the network of the RER on the line A ( line branch A2). This is on the opposite bank of the Marne in the town of Saint -Maur- des-Fosses.
- Germany Bernau bei Berlin, Germany, since 1962
- Italy Rosignano, Italy, since 1963
- United Kingdom Musselburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Nicaragua Jalapa, Nicaragua, since 1983
- Portugal Alpiarça, Portugal, since 2006
Associated with the city of personalities
- Samuel Benchetrit (born 1973 ), film director, screenwriter, actor and writer, born in Champigny -sur -Marne
- Guy Bontempelli ( born 1940 ), author and translator, born in Champigny -sur -Marne
- Étienne Brûlé (1592-1633), French explorer
- Georges Wilson (1921-2010), actor, born in Champigny -sur -Marne
- Madame Polaire, dancer, singer and actress, died in 1939 in Champigny -sur -Marne and was buried there.