- Rishi Kapoor: Rohit Gupta
- Sridevi: Chandni Mathur
- Vinod Khanna: Lalit Khanna
- Waheeda Rehman: Mrs. Khanna
- Sushma Seth: Mrs. Gupta
- Beena Banerjee: Pooja
- Mita Vasisht: Kiran Mathur
- Achala Sachdev:
- Juhi Chawla: Devika / Lalits ex-girlfriend (guest appearance )
- Anupam Kher: Ramesh (guest appearance )
- Bharat Bhushan: doctor (guest appearance )
Rohit and Chandni are newly in love and want to make the covenant of marriage and opposed Rohit's parents who are against this marriage. During a romantic trip in Switzerland, before the wedding, Rohit falls out of a helicopter and is paralyzed on one side. With faith Chandnis ruining life, he is no more love in front of her and she leaves.
Chandni finds solace at the businessman Lalit, who then soon falls in love with her and makes a proposal of marriage. After some hesitation she agrees eventually.
While at this time the two have come closer to Rohit subjects in Switzerland a cure. He is making great progress, so that he can go back soon. Often Rohit thinks of his Chandni and finds it in his songs again. Coincidentally, he meets during his cure to a business man with whom he understood dazzling at first: It's Lalit.
Back in India Rohit stands before Chandnis doorstep. Both are so overwhelmed to seeing each other's that Rohit makes it again a request. With a heavy heart Chandni reported that she now belongs to another man.
After Lalit and Rohit had firmly made friends, he invites him to his wedding. A day before the wedding wants to introduce his fiancee 's new boyfriend Lalit. Lalit sake both behave like strangers. But on the wedding day goes ultimately Lalit that Chandni is the woman who sang of the Rohit in Switzerland.
The lyrics to the music of " Shiv - Hari " wrote Anand Bakshi. The song Mere Haathon Mine is the German public is also known by Kajol's dance number from the film In good times and in difficult days ( Rukhsars wedding scene ).
National Film Award (1990 )
- National Film Award / Best entertainment film at Yash Chopra
Filmfare Award 1990
- Filmfare Award / Best camera to Manmohan Singh
- Filmfare Award / Best Actress Sridevi at
- Filmfare Award / Best Actor at Rishi Kapoor
- Filmfare Award / Best Film to Yash Chopra
- Filmfare Award / Best Director at Yash Chopra
- Filmfare Award / Best music of Shiv - Hari
- Filmfare Award / Best lyrics Anand Bakshi to Lagi Aaj Sawan for
- Filmfare Award / Best Playback Singer Suresh Wadkar to Lagi Aaj Sawan for
The film and its marketing campaign were cut to the lead actress Sridevi, who was one of the leading Indian actresses at the time. He can be seen as an advertising platform for Sridevi as an ideal imagination Indian film consumers about the femininity.