Chengde (Chinese承德 市, Pinyin shì Chengde, formerly Jehol, deer热河) is a prefecture-level city about 160 kilometers northeast of Beijing.
Chengde is located in north China's Hebei Province, near the Luan River ( Luan He). Your administrative area has an area of 39,519 km ² and approximately 3.61 million inhabitants ( end of 2004). In particular, in the three autonomous counties there is a high proportion of the population of Manchu and Mongol. The real urban area has a population of about 700,000 people.
Chengde was formerly called deer ( Jehol ) and was the capital of the former province of deer.
Chengde is best known as the summer residence of the early emperors of the Qing Dynasty. The mountain resort, they built there in the 18th century, consists of large parks with lakes, pagodas and the Imperial Summer Palace. Outside its walls are the eight outer temples, which are built in different architectural styles from all over China. The most impressive of these are the Putuo Zongcheng Temple (Chinese普陀 宗 乘, Pinyin Pǔtuó Zongcheng ), the ( Tibet Autonomous Region ) was built on the basis of the Potala Palace in Lhasa, and the Pule Temple, in the Temple of Heaven Beijing is modeled. The Mountain Resort and the temple around 1994 were declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
With road and rail links to Beijing to Chengde has become a transport hub and its cultural heritage made it a popular tourist destination. The Beijing- Chengde Expressway connects directly to downtown Beijing Chengde since 2006.
At county level, Chengde sets of three districts, five counties and three autonomous counties together. These are:
- Municipality Shuangqiaoshan (双桥 区), 311 km ², 290,000 inhabitants, center, seat of the city government;
- Municipality Shuangluan (双滦区), 250 km ², 100,000 inhabitants;
- Municipality Yingshouyingzi Kuang (鹰 手 营 子 矿区), 148 km ², 70,000 inhabitants;
- Circle Chengde (承德 县), 3990 km ², 470,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Xiabancheng (下 板 城镇);
- District Xinglong (兴隆 县), 3116 km ², 320,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Xinglong (兴隆 镇);
- Circle Pingquan (平泉 县), 3297 km ², 470,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Pingquan (平 泉镇);
- Circle Luanping (滦平县), 3195 km ², 320,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Luanping (滦平 镇);
- District Longhua (隆化县), 5474 km ², 420,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Longhua (隆 化 镇);
- Autonomous County Fengning of Manju (丰宁 满族 自治县), 8747 km ², 380,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Dage (大 阁 镇);
- Autonomous County Kuancheng of Manju (宽城 满族 自治县), 1933 km ², 230,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Kuancheng (宽 城镇);
- Autonomous County of Weichang Manju and Mongols (围场 满族 蒙古族 自治县), 9058 km ², 520,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Weichang (围场 镇).
- Japan Kashiwa, Japan
- Japan Takasaki, Japan
- United States Dakota County, United States
- Brazil Santo André, Brazil