Chiclana de la Frontera
Chiclana de la Frontera ( Cádiz ) is a city in the autonomous community of Andalusia in southern Spain, on the Costa de la Luz. The up and coming tourist resort with spa located in the south of the Bay of Cádiz, 26 km southeast of the provincial capital on the national road N- 340 and the A48 Cádiz -Málaga motorway. More famous neighboring cities are Conil de la Frontera, a former fishing village, San Fernando and Vejer de la Frontera, one of the white villages. The ZIP codes of this place are 11130 and 11139th
The place was already settled to the Phoenician, Punic and Roman times, but the actual establishment took place in 1303 on royal order of Ferdinand IV: Alonso Pérez de Guzmán el Bueno ( the Good ) is replaced by the area to colonize as a fief. The old town, as it exists today, was built in the 18th century. Until the 19th century, the dukes of Medina Sidonia remain (as successor of Guzmán del Bueno ) lord of the village, which is characterized mainly by fishing and viticulture. 1876 receives the place of Alfonso XII. granted town rights. End of the 20th century began with the tourist development of community-owned beaches, which is why the city today has the largest hotel bed quota of the province of Cádiz.
Historic town center, Monastery and Church of Jesús Nazareno (1667-1674), Parish Church of San Juan Bautista (1773-1814) with clock tower, Sanctuary of Santa Ana ( second half of the 18th century ), Doll Museum, Bullfighting Museum, Wineries (Sherry ), Spa Fuente Amarga, Sancti Petri ( former fishing village for tuna).
The beach " Sancti Petri " with marina and the eight -kilometer-long beach " Playa de La Barrosa " are about seven kilometers from the city center. On a barrier island is the Castillo de Sancti Petri.
Chiclana is the terminus of the " Ruta del vino ", the wine route that connects all the cities in the Sherry - growing area.
In the past ten years, Chiclana and in particular the towns of Playa Barrosa and Novo Sancti Petri have developed into tourist centers. The numerous golf courses make Chiclana to a place that is particularly interesting for higher class tourists.
- District 1: Center -West ( El Torno, el casco histórico, Santa Ana y Mayorazgo ).
- District 2: Center - East ( Solagitas, La Carababina, El Doctoral y Majadillas Bajas ).
- District 3: North ( Pinar de los Franceses Marquesado, Los Llanos y Garrone ).
- District 4: East ( Pago del Humo, Dehesa Boyal de la, La Raya y El Carrascal ).
- District 5: South ( Menuditas, Rana Verde, Las Lagunas y Campano ).
- District 6: West ( Los Gallos, Mogarizas, Carbonero y Almoradú ).
- District 7: Coastal ( Sancti Petri, La Barrosa, Novo Sancti Petri y la Loma del Puerco ).