China Mobile

China Mobile Ltd.. (Chinese中国 移动 有限公司/中国 移动 有限公司, Pinyin Zhōngguó Yidong yǒuxiàn Gongsi ) is according to the customer number of the world's largest mobile operator, and is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.

The company was founded in 1997 under the name of China Telecom ( Hong Kong) (中国 电信(香港)有限公司/中国 电信(香港)有限公司, Zhōngguó Dianxin ( Xiānggǎng ) yǒuxiàn Gongsi ) entered in the commercial register in Hong Kong and changed this in 2000 China Mobile ( Hong Kong) (中国 移动(香港)有限公司/中国 移动(香港)有限公司, Zhōngguó Yidong ( Xiānggǎng ) yǒuxiàn Gongsi ). China Mobile is a subsidiary of China Mobile Communication Corporation ( CMCC ,中国 移动 通信 集团公司/中国 移动 通信 集团公司, Zhōngguó Yidong Tongxin Jituan Gongsi ) whose head office is located in Beijing.

The Chinese company has more than 763 million customers (as of end of November 2013) and every month currently there are about four million new customers. After the number of customers, the Chinese company is the largest mobile operator in the world. The approximately 182,000 associates generated sales of nearly 72 billion U.S. dollars and a profit of 11.656 billion U.S. dollars in 2010.

With 47 billion U.S. dollars, China Mobile is in brand value at number ten of the most valuable brands in the world in 2012.

China Mobile's main shareholder is the state-controlled China Mobile ( HK) Group Limited, which is indirectly a share of 74.57 percent held December 31, 2006 through its wholly owned subsidiary, China Mobile Hong Kong ( BVI) Limited in the company. The remaining shares of 25.43 percent considered public investors.

China Mobile was the official partner of the 2008 Summer Olympic Games in Beijing.

Pictures of China Mobile