Chum Saeng District
Chum Saeng ( Thai: อำเภอ ชุมแสง ) is a district ( Amphoe - administrative district ) in the province of Nakhon Sawan. The Nakhon Sawan Province is located in the southern part of the northern region of Thailand.
The area of present-day county Chum Saeng was first established in the late 19th century by the government as Tambon Koei Chai by some parts of the Mueang district were separated from Nakhon Sawan. In 1903 the Home Office assessed the Tambon on to Amphoe Phan Lan, named after the central tambon. The name, however, was again renamed a few years later in Koei Chai. As the administration building was laid in 1915 on the west bank of the Nan Maaenam, the district got its present name: Chum Saeng.
The name Chum Saeng in Thai can even be the name of a plant whose components can be used for medicinal purposes: Xanthophyllum glaucum ( Xantophyllaceae ). Another meaning may of Khlang Saeng - originate ( คลัง แสง arsenal ), as in the reign of King Taksin was a weapons cache in the area.
Amphoe Kao Liao ( tambon) divided into twelve municipalities, which in turn in 131 village communities ( Muban ) are divided.
In the district there are two small towns ( Tambon thesaban ):
- Chum Saeng consists of the whole Tambon Chum Saeng,
- Thap Krit consists of parts of the tambon Thap Krit.
There are also eleven administrative organizations ( " Tambon Administrative Organizations" - TAO, Thai: องค์การ บริหาร ส่วน ตำบล ).