Church of the Province of Melanesia
Today belong to their 250,000 members. It was 1975, a church of their own. Until then, it belonged to the Church of New Zealand. Today it has eight dioceses with an archbishop in Honiara. Also includes two religious communities for men - the Melanesian Brotherhood and the Society of Saint Francis - and two Nuns - the Sisters of the Church and the Sisters of Melanesia - to.
The Church of the Province of Melanesia knows no women's ordination.
The province comprises eight dioceses in 2 countries:
- John Wallace Chisholm (1967-1975)
- Norman Kitchener Palmer MBE (1975-1987)
- Amos Stanley Waiaru OBE (1988-1993)
- Sir Ellison Leslie Pogo KBE (1994-2008)
- David Vunagi (since 2009)