Cinderella (1997 film)
David R. Ginsburg Whitney Houston
- Brandy Norwood: Cinderella
- Whitney Houston: Fairy Godmother
- Paolo Montalban: Prince Christopher
- Bernadette Peters: stepmother
- Natalie Desselle: Minerva
- Veanne Cox: Calliope
- Whoopi Goldberg: Queen Constantina
- Victor Garber: King Maximillian
- Jason Alexander: Lionel
Cinderella is an American musical film from 1997 with the singers Whitney Houston and Brandy in the lead roles.
In the Rodgers & Hammerstein musical version of the fairy tale Cinderella lives with her stepmother and her daughters Minerva and Calliope. Her stepmother can not accept that their own daughters are not as pretty as Cinderella. They humiliate her and wish her an inordinate amount of work. But one thing they can not take, the dreams. She sings and dances in spite of their fate with their animal friends.
One day, a letter comes from the castle of the king, it is loaded to the ball. The prince is looking for a woman, and every girl of marriageable age have to appear. Cinderella would also like to prevent on the ball, but her stepmother trying. You are Cinderella so much work that she barely has the ability to sew a dress for the ball. Cinderella is very sad, but a good old fairy comes to help her and her magic brought about not only a new dress, but also a coach to appear in time for the ball to. The magic exists only until midnight. Cinderella dancing at the ball with the Prince, and as the church clock strikes twelve, they can just run away yet, but loses her glass slipper.
The prince wants to see Cinderella and even get married, so every girl needs to try on the shoe in the kingdom. Of those, the fit will give the Prince his vows. As Cinderella, there seems to be obviously very happy and the stepmother thought that Cinderella could fit the shoe. You even want to try on the shoe quickly, but he does not fit. Also, the step-sisters Minerva and Calliope does not fit the shoe. Cinderella then tried the shoe that fits, of course, and so they should go into the castle. There she marries the prince.
- Outstanding Art Direction for a Variety or Music Program
- Outstanding Choreography
- Outstanding Costume Design for a Variety or Music Program
- Outstanding Directing for a Variety or Music Program
- Outstanding Hairstyling for a Miniseries, Movie or a Special
- Outstanding Music Direction
- Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Special
- Outstanding Lead Actress in a Television Movie or Mini -Series - Whoopi Goldberg
- Outstanding Lead Actress in a Television Movie or Mini -Series - Brandy
- Outstanding Television Movie or Mini -Series
- Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Mini -Series or Motion Picture Made for Television - Jason Alexander
- Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Mini -Series or Motion Picture Made for Television - Bernadette Peters
- Children 's Script