Ciuruleasa (Hungarian Csurulyásza ) is a town in Alba county in Transylvania, Romania.
Ciuruleasa with the eight incorporated villages located in the valley of the river cernita in Apuseni Mountains, in the southwestern part of the historical Pimp country. The southeastern half of the municipality lies in the Transylvanian Erzgebirge ( Munţii Metaliferi ) and the northwest in the southern valleys of the Bihor Mountains. (NATIONAL drum ) on the National Road DN 74 located ( Abrud - wheel), it is to the next town Abrud 6 km; the county capital Alba Iulia is located 71 kilometers south-east of Ciuruleasa away. In the made up of meadows and mountains be availed agricultural of the 5585 hectares of total 1335 acres. 4085 hectares of forests, 117 hectares of unproductive land and the remainder is assigned to the courts, buildings, waterways and roads.
The nearby, known since ancient mining region around the present town of Abrud there for Ciuruleasa been no independent historical research. The region was given in 1201 by the Hungarian King Emmerich to a Hungarian nobleman named Gyula; 1276 she came to the Catholic Diocese in White Castle.
Today the district is 1589 Buninginea first mentioned. 1727 brought the inhabitants of cernita valley and occupied the town hall of Abrud. 1784 would consider the insurgents to Horea ( Vasile Ursu Nicola), Closca (Ion Oargă ) and Crisan ( Marcu Giurgiu ) here camp before they attacked Abrud. During the Romanian Revolution of 1848, it came here to battles between the troops Avram Iancus and units of the Hungarian revolutionary army.
Ciuruleasa is only detected under Csiurul KARCZA 1850 and 1854 Csuruliasa. By 1950 Ciuruleasa was of Abrud - Sat ( Abruden ) - now a village town Abrud - managed and has since become one community.
In the census of 1850 1.838 inhabitants were registered on the territory of the present municipality, almost exclusively Romanians. Of these, 1,103 lived in Ciuruleasa and in the eingemeindeten village Buninginea 735 (including 3 Roma). 1941 the population reached its highest level of 2,685 total. 1956 lived in the town of 2,332 people; in Ciuruleasa itself there were 614, in Bidigeşti 113 in Bodreşti 117, in Bogleşti 309, in Buninginea (Hungarian Buninzsina ) 593, in Gheduleşti 166 in Mătişeşti 152 in Moraresti 119 and Vulcan 149 After 1956, the number of dropped residents steadily. In the census of 2002 1368 people (excluding Romanians ) were registered.
- The Romanian Orthodox Church Sf. Built Gheorghe, 1777.
- In the center of Ciuruleasa the monument in honor of Avram Iancu and to commemorate the here took place in the time of the Revolution of 1848 fights.