Clara Woltering 26 July 2008 before the match against Angola
Status: National December 19, 2013
Clara Woltering ( born March 2, 1983 in Münster- Hiltrup ) is a German handball player.
Woltering started playing handball at the DJK Eintracht Coesfeld VBRS, where she was also active in the football division up to the age of 16. The 1.78 m wide goalkeeper moved in summer 2000 to the German Bundesliga Bayer Leverkusen. In 2002, she was sidelined due to a torn ACL six months. In the 2003 /04 season, the state certified farmer was loaned to Borussia Dortmund. In Dortmund, she was a regular goalkeeper and recommended by their performances for the national team. From 2004 she again guarded the gate of Bayer Leverkusen, where former national goalkeeper Andreas Thiel led the goalkeeper training. Since the season 2011/12 she plays the Montenegrin club zrk Budućnost Podgorica.
She completed 165 missions for the national team, her international debut was on 22 November 2003 in Nagold against Belarus. At the World Cup in Russia in December 2005 Clara Woltering was with the German national handball team sixth. She won with the German national team in 7th place for the 2009 World Championships in China. Furthermore, she took part in the World Cup 2013.
- Zrk Budućnost Podgorica EHF Champions League 2012
- Montenegrin champion 2012, 2013
- Montenegrin Cup Winners 2012
- Bayer Leverkusen German Vice Champion 2006, 2007, 2009
- German Cup winner 2002, 2010
- German Vice Cup Winner 2005
- Challenge Cup winner 2005
- German national European Junior Champion 2001
- 5th place 2004 European Championship
- 6th World Championship 2005
- 4th place 2006 European Championship
- 3rd place World Cup 2007
- 4th place 2008 European Championship
- 7th place 2009 World Cup
- Awards Germany's handball player of the year 2009