Claudia Giordani ( born October 27, 1955 in Milan ) is an Italian former Alpine skier. The 14-time Italian champion has won three World Cup races and the silver medal in the slalom at the Olympic Winter Games 1976.
Giordani was in the 1970s, to the best Italian slalom and giant slalom skiers. It was at the Junior European Championships 1973 in Ruhpolding first in the giant slalom and third in slalom. Two weeks later, she won with a fifth place in the departure of St. Moritz their first points in the World Cup. During the next eight years, she celebrated in slalom and giant slalom three World Cup victories and reached a total of 17 times the podium. In downhill and combined it reached a fourth place as best result in each case. In the slalom score placed them in six seasons in the top ten, 1976/77 they finished third. In the overall World Cup they twice reached the eighth place.
The greatest success of her career was celebrating Giordani at the Olympic Games 1976 in Innsbruck as they slalom behind the German Rosi Mittermeier won the silver medal. Four years later she went to Lake Placid in fifth place. At the World Championships she finished fifth in 1974 and 1978 ranked eighth in the slalom. From 1973 to 1980 Giordani won a total of 14 Italian league titles in all disciplines.
Olympic Winter Games
- Innsbruck 1976: 2nd Slalom, Giant Slalom 13
- Lake Placid 1980: 5 Slalom, Giant Slalom 10
- St. Moritz 1974: 5th Slalom
- Garmisch -Partenkirchen 1978: 8 Slalom, Giant Slalom 16
- 3rd place in the Slalom World Cup 1976/77
- 5th place in the Slalom World Cup 1975/76, 1978/79 and 1979/80
- A total of 17 podiums including 3 victories:
European Junior Championships
- Ruhpolding 1973: 1st Giant Slalom, Slalom 3
Claudia Giordani won a total of 14 Italian league titles:
- Slalom ( 5): 1973, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979
- Giant Slalom (6): 1973, 1974, 1976, 1978, 1979, 1980
- Exit ( 1): 1974
- Combination (2 ): 1973, 1976