Clausberg (* 1475 in Lübeck, † about 1535 probably in Güstrow ) was an active in the early 16th century Low German sculptor of the late Gothic period, the initially worked in Lübeck and later in Odense in Denmark.
Berg had family coming from Lübeck made there until around 1510-15 a name as a sculptor. Berg followed about 1520-22, allegedly along with 12 companions, the multi pronounced him call the resident in Odense Danish Queen Mother Christine, widow of King Hans of Denmark. From the workshop of the great mountain late Gothic winged altar dates from 1526 for the Church of the Franciscans ( OFM) in Odense, which was first sold in 1805 in St. Mary's Church and is there since 1885 in the Cathedral of St. Knud. He is about 6 feet wide and about 4.5 meters high. Further works are a grave plaque for King Hans and his son who died young French More altars of the mountain are in the pre Frue Kirke in Aarhus, in Sanderum Sogn and Tistrup. A triumphal cross in the church of the monastery Soro and the figures of the apostles in the cathedral at Güstrow ( 1530 ) are also attributed to him.
Berg's son Frants was Bishop of Oslo, and his grandson Claus Berg gave a description of the career.
- Crucifix in the church of the monastery Holme on Funen, 1500
- Standing Mother of God in St. Anne Convent Lübeck, 1504
- (Bottom ) carved in the Marienkirche in Wittstock / Dosse in 1530 ( the high altar today composed of the reredos of two different artists )
- Altar Bregninge, Denmark.
- Altar in the village church of Rome (Mecklenburg), shrine figures with rich Rankenschnitzwerk.
- Two winged altar, St. Willehadkirche in leakage (North Friesland )
The mountain formerly attributed altar of Georg Brotherhood of the Mary Magdalene Church (castle church) with the holy family as a centerpiece ( to 1510-15 ) in Lübeck St. Anne's Convent is now regarded as the work of an unknown master of South German training
Figure of Jacob the Dane as detailed in the Cathedral of St. Knud
Berg's altar in St. Mary's Church in Aarhus
Berg's altar Bregninge Kirke, Ærø