Code :: Blocks is a free, open-source development environment for C, C , D, and Fortran. Code :: Blocks is based on wxWidgets and runs under GNU / Linux, Windows, and most Unix derivatives.
It supports multiple compilers:
- GCC (Win32 / Linux / Mac OS X) ( under Windows porting MinGW)
- Microsoft Visual C Free Toolkit 2008 ( Win32)
- Borland C Compiler 5.5 ( Win32)
- Digital Mars (Win32)
- Or Watcom Open Watcom (Win32)
- Small Device C Compiler ( SDCC )
Code :: Blocks has its own build system that works without makefiles.
- Configurable syntax highlighting
- Code folding ( expand / collapse ) of C - and XML
- Class Browser
Code :: Blocks is easy to configure and extensible. For example, auto-completion and a Dev -Pak import feature trough plugin are available. Predefined project templates, workspaces, a class browser, source code folding, and an import function for projects from Visual Studio are included. In addition, plugins for a wxWidgets Rapid Application Development environment exist.