Colin Walsh (organist)
Colin Walsh ( born 1955 ) is an English organist and church musician.
Among his teachers were Simon Preston, Nicholas Danby and Jean Langlais, with whom he studied at St. Clotilde in Paris for three years. He worked at various important positions as organist of Great Britain, for example, at St Georges Chapel in Windsor Castle, Christ Church Cathedral, Oxford, and at the Cathedral of Salisbury, before he became the organist ( Organist Laureate ) appointed the Lincoln Cathedral in 2003.
Colin Walsh has in his repertoire focused on the French symphonic organ music and the modern, with whom he performs regularly at home and abroad. His performances have helped him to worldwide recognition and make it one of the leading English organists of his generation. So he led in 1988 organ works of Messiaen on in the composer's presence.
Recordings ( selection)
- Ch M. Widor: Organ Symphonies No. 5 & 6 Guild Records. (GMCD 7305)
- English Organ Music. Priory Records. (PRCD 379)
- French Organ Music. Priory Records. (PRCD 5023)
- Organ Works by Dupré, Langlais, Vierne, Litaize, Messiaen and Ropartz. Guild Records. (GMCD 7278)
- Two Willis organ. Priory Records. (PRCD 648)