Columbia is a city with 108,500 inhabitants and the county seat ( county seat ) of Boone County.
The city is located on Interstate 70 approximately midway between Kansas City and St. Louis; (199 km east of Kansas City, 121 km north- west of Rolla (Missouri ), 44 km north-west of Jefferson City, 188 kilometers west of St. Louis, and 136 miles south-west of Quincy ).
Columbia is home to the University of Missouri (about 30,000 students).
Sons and daughters of the town
- Jessica Capshaw, actress
- Russ Carnahan, politician, member of the U.S. House of Representatives
- Carl Edwards, NASCAR driver
- Conrad Goode, actor
- E. Stanley Kroenke, entrepreneurs
- William Rainey Marshall, Governor of Minnesota
- Scott Murphy, U.S. Congressman
- Norbert Wiener, a mathematician
- Lisa Wilcox, Actress
- Carlos Pena (actor, singer, dancer )
- Georgia Kutaisi, Georgia since 1997
- Romania Sibiu, Romania
- China People's Republic of Laoshan, People's Republic of China
- Japan Matto, Japan
- Flag of South Korea Suncheon, South Korea