A comeback (English: Return, return, coming back ) is the return of a person in public life, a style or fashion in the center of media attention.
The term is used especially in politics, in sports and in popular music. It is a nominalization of the verb (come ) and adverb (back). An alternative spelling is possible comeback. In the event of reunification a tape will be spoken of a reunion. In sports, one also speaks of a comeback when the long or losing party creates a turn for the victory in the game until then.
Known comebacks for example, had
- The boxer Muhammad Ali forced three -year break from 1967 to 1970
- The Ballad of Michael Schumacher after a three year break from 2006 to 2009
- Published the singer Yusuf Islam, who as Cat Stevens was previously successfully from 1978 to 1995 no music
- The pop group Take That, whose members parted after the departure of Robbie Williams in 1996 and occur together again since 2006
- The singer Johnny Cash, who recorded after a long period of relative artistic and commercial insignificance from 1994 again successful with producer Rick Rubin plates
- Pop singer Britney Spears with your comeback in the fall of 2008 after its collapse in 2007 and in spring 2008