Compagnie Nationale Excelsior
Excelsior was a Belgian manufacturer of automobiles.
1903 founded the engineer Arthur de Coninck in Brussels, the Compagnie Nationale Excelsior and produced cars. 1907, the company was renamed Société A. De Coninck et Cie, 1909 in Société des Automobiles Excelsior. 1929 took over the Belgian Imperia competitor the company.
The models from 1903 to 1905 had engines of Aster with either one, two or four cylinders.
CV 16, CV 22 and CV 30
In 1905 there were three new four-cylinder models on the market. The engines were still of Aster, the chassis of Arbel and the transmission of Malicet & Blin.
This model was produced from 1907 to 1914. At first, it was also 14/20 HP, 1911 D 14/20 and from 1913 D-4 14/20 CV. In addition, there was the sporty type DC 14/20 Rapide and Type B Fiacre as taxis. All models had a four cylinder engine. From 1913 the engine capacity was 2951 cc.
A vehicle from 1911 is on display in the car museum vintage in Reninge.
This model added from 1910 to 1914, the model range. It was initially only called D -6, from 1913 and D- 6 18/24 CV and 30 CV F. These models had a six cylinder engine with 4426 cc capacity, from 1913 to 5344 cc displacement.
The Adex B from 1920 to 1924 had the smaller six-cylinder engine with 4767 cc capacity, made of either 70 hp or 85 hp. The Adex C from 1922 to 1927 had made the larger six-cylinder engine with 5340 cc capacity, the optional 110 hp or 130 hp.
This model was produced from 1926 to 1929. The engine was taken from the previous Adex C.