Conservatorium van Amsterdam
The Conservatory of Amsterdam (Dutch Conservatorium van Amsterdam) is the School of Music in Amsterdam and as such part of the Amsterdam School of the Arts ( Hogeschool voor de Kunsten Dutch Amsterdamse ).
It was formed from the merger of several predecessor schools. The Amsterdamsch founded in 1884 by the composer Julius Röntgen, Frans Coenen and Daniel de Lange Conservatory, the Conservatory, founded in 1920 van de Vereniging Muzieklyceum and Haarlem Muzieklyceum united Sweelinck Conservatorium in 1976. This merged in 1994 with the Hilversum Conservatory for the Conservatory of Amsterdam today. Housed it was long in the former building of the kingdom of postal savings bank dutch Rijkspostspaarbank in the Van Baerlestraat in Amsterdam. The end of 2008 it moved to a new building in the city of Amsterdam -Centrum ( District: Oosterdokseiland, at the Oosterdokskade ) to near the Amsterdam Centraal railway station, near the public library (ABO ) and the science museum Nemo. The new building comprises three concert halls ( Bernard Haitink - hall with 400 seats, Sweelinck hall with 120 seats, Amsterdam Blue Note for pop / jazz with 200 seats ) and a studio theater (50 seats). The architect of the building is Frits van Dongen.
Subjects are classical music, jazz, pop, old music, opera and music education.