Chésopelloz (? Also Corminbœuf Freiburg Patois Korminbà / i ) is a municipality in the District de la Sarine ( German: Sarine district) of the Canton of Fribourg in Switzerland. The former German name Sankt Jörg is no longer used today.
Chésopelloz is located on 633 m above sea level. M., 4.5 km west of the capital of the canton of Fribourg (air line). The village is located in the little valley of the Ruisseau du Tiguelet (right side of the creek Sonnaz ), in Molassehügelland of Fribourg Mittelland.
The area of 5.6 km ² large municipality area includes a portion of the Molassehöhen between the valleys of Sonnaz in the north and the Sarine in the southeast. The northern part of the municipality is occupied by the valley of Ruisseau du Tiguelet, to the north in the level Champ de la Croix (670 m above sea level. M. ), in the southeast the forest Bois de Moncor adjacent (up to 690 m above sea level. M. ). To the southwest, the communal land in the vast forest of Verdilloud extends to the hills Le Gretson ( 681 m above sea level. M. ) and on the high plateau between the Sonnaz and Glane. In the far south, the area extends over the slope of nonane to the railway line Fribourg -Lausanne. The highest point of Chésopelloz is 692 m above sea level. M. reached on the municipal boundary to Avry. From the municipality surface 1997 16 % came from settlements, 31 % of forest and woody plants and 53% to agriculture.
To Chésopelloz include the hamlet of nonane ( 674 m above sea level. M. ) on the high plateau between Avry and Bois Murat as well as several individual farms. Neighboring communities of Chésopelloz are Belfaux, Givisiez, Villars -sur -Glane, Matran, Avry and Chésopelloz.
With 2140 inhabitants ( 31 December 2012) Chésopelloz belongs to the medium-sized municipalities in the canton of Fribourg. Of the 88.8 % inhabitants are French-speaking, German-speaking 8.0 % and 0.9 % speak Italian ( as of 2000). The population of Chésopelloz amounted in 1850 to 335 residents in 1900 to 414 inhabitants. During the 20th century, the population fluctuated in the range of 410-470 people. Only since 1960 (413 inhabitants) rapid population growth was associated with a fourfold increase in population recorded within 40 years. The residential and commercial areas of Chésopelloz are grown together almost seamlessly with those of Belfaux and Givisiez.
Chésopelloz was until the second half of the 20th century, mainly coined by farming village. By draining the marshy valley of the Ruisseau du Tiguelet 1850 much cultivated land was recovered. Today, farming, fruit growing, dairy farming and livestock have only a marginal position in the occupational structure of the population.
Many other jobs are in the local retail industry and the services available. Since the 1960s Chésopelloz gradually fell into the agglomeration zone of the city of Freiburg. A large industrial area, which is mostly on the floor of Givisiez, was created in the valley of the Ruisseau du Tiguelet. Today, companies in the construction and transportation industries, information technology, the electrical industry and the packaging industry and precision engineering workshops are represented in the village. In 1990, the distribution center of the Office du Livre was founded. Chésopelloz also has an equestrian center.
In recent decades, at the outer western edge location of Freiburg village has developed into a residential community. Extensive new residential areas have been built at the height of Champs de la Croix. Most workers are therefore commuters who work mainly in Freiburg and the agglomeration communities.
The community is conveniently moderately well developed, even though it is off the major thoroughfares on a road from Avry after Belfaux. The nearest links to the motorway A12 ( Bern -Vevey ) is located approximately 4 km from the town center. By Bus Transports Publics Fribourgeois that leads from Freiburg to Chésopelloz, Chésopelloz is connected to the public transport network.
The territory of Chésopelloz was settled very early. During construction work, a grave mound in 1909 in the Bois Murat east of nonane discovered that was created during the Hallstatt period around 550-520 BC and is provided with rich grave goods, including 19 bronze plates and a leg made of solid bronze. Also in nonane was during Roman times a villa. The finds that were excavated here (brick, mosaic pieces, pottery fragments), are dated to the 1st to 3rd century AD.
The first written mention of the village was carried out in 1142 under the name Cormenbo. Later, the names Corminbou ( 1173 ), Cormembu appeared ( in the 12th century), Cormenbou ( 1445 ), Karmanbow ( 1449 ), Cormenbouf ( 1470 ), Cormimbau ( 1665) and Cormenbeuf (1668 ). The place name probably originated from the words of Curtis Menbaldi in the meaning of the court of the Menbald / Maginbald.
Since the 13th century had the hospital in Freiburg extensive landholdings in the field of Chésopelloz. No later than 1442, the village came under the rule of Freiburg and the Old Landscape ( Spitalpanner ) has been assigned. After the collapse of the ancien régime (1798 ) was one Chésopelloz during the Helvetic Republic and the subsequent time to the district of Freiburg, before it was incorporated in 1848 with the new cantonal constitution in the Sarine district. The previously independent community nonane was incorporated in 1831 by Chésopelloz.
A fusion of Granges- Paccot, Givisiez, Chésopelloz FR and Chésopelloz was until 2014 under the name " 2C2G " in preparation - the new place should Englisbourg hot ( after the family Englisberg who has acted in all four places ). This failed because of the refusal by the citizens Granges- Paccots ..
The Chapel of Saint -Georges is the core back to a Romanesque building from 1354, but was repeatedly altered and enlarged in the meantime. Chésopelloz belongs to the parish Belfaux. In the old town some stately farmhouses dating from the 17th and 18th centuries as well as a wooden granary from the 17th century are preserved. The mansion de Weck also dates from the 17th century, while the rural seats were de Schaller ( in the center ) and de Reynold built ( in nonane ) in the 18th century.