Corry Brokken ( born December 3, 1932 in Breda, The Netherlands) is a Dutch chanson and pop singer, and radio and television presenter. The in the 1950s and 1960s, active in Germany artist has worked since the 1980s as a judge.
Corry Brokken grew up in the province of North Brabant in the southern Netherlands. After school, she learned first dental assistant to the desired vocal training fund can. In 1952 she made her first appearance in a radio broadcast. It was followed by engagements in cabaret in Eindhoven and Amsterdam. Then they hoofed it with the " John Kristel Orchestra " by the Netherlands. In 1954, she received her first recording contract at the small Belgian record company Ronnex Records, where she recorded to 1957 songs in Dutch, German and English. 1956 originated in Amsterdam sample recordings for the German record label Polydor, which, however, did not publish the pieces for legal reasons.
On May 24, 1956 the chunks came in Lugano at the Grand Prix Euro Vision Song Contest Europénne, the first Euro Vision Song Contest on. She represented her native country with the piece Voorgoed voorbij ( "Forever past "). Although the song was not winning, but still a great success, so it was in the following year again sent to this competition, this time in Frankfurt am Main. Surprising The Chanson Net as toen won the chunks the first place. In Hilversum was later under the title At that time, everything was so beautiful (Text: Kurt Feltz ) recorded a German version of the song, which appeared already at the big record company Philips. In the same year were also a German and an English EP with four shots published by composers such as Michael Jary.
Participation in the Euro Vision Song Contest 1958, the artist with Heel de wereld ("The Whole World "), only the shared last place. She is the only performer ever since, reaching a first and a last place in the ESC. Your English LP Corry 's Bed -Time Story was initially not be published. However, with the Chanson Les Gitans, she sang at a charity event on television, she conquered little later the audience.
In 1960 she sang the Dutch and the German version of the number - one hits of Milord Édith Piaf. With the ambiguous prostitution of an acting song ("[ ... ] What happened last night is so long ago [ ... ] ", German text by Ernst Bader) scored the chunks in both countries a great success. In her home country she was awarded a gold disc. It was followed by numerous appearances on national and international television. In Germany, she released several singles and EPs with cover versions of songs as well as French-sounding hit. 1962 she succeeded in the Netherlands with the title Mijn ideaal ( " My Ideal " ), the Dutch version of Charles Aznavour Tu t'laisses all ( " You let yourself go " ), another hit. In German was the title of Friedel Hensch, Caterina Valente (my ideal) and Charles Aznavour ( You lets you geh'n ) sung.
Again in German and Dutch appeared Corry Brokkens versions of Aznavour Chansons La mamma. 1964/1965 it reached so that in both countries good prices in the charts. In 1965 a German LP with compositions by Burt Bacharach, Gilbert Becaud, Hans Blum, Guy Mardel and others. 1966, among other singles from the album hit yesterday on the market. The compilation contained footage of Heidi Brühl, Bully Buhlan, René Kollo, Maria Marky, the Rosy Singers and Gerhard Wendland. Corry Brokken was represented on songs by Zarah Leander, Caterina Valente, Dalida and Lale Andersen. In the same year they should represent Germany at the Euro Vision Song Contest. Brokken refused, however, to their neighboring country to participate in the competition. In 1967, she joined the German record label Polydor.
In the same year she took over at the WDR the moderation of their own Saturday night show vaudeville magic. By 1970, created 19 episodes of the show, appeared in the well-known artists such as Salvatore Adamo or Hildegard Knef. 1968 again appeared a LP, the lower other recordings of Corry the chunks with Wolfgang Kieling, Ingeborg Hallstein and Peter Rubin contained. The record was dedicated to the composer Theo Werner Richard Heymann and Mack plane. In 1969 they released their last German single with the song The last seven days, the text of which denounced the pollution. Published in 1969, the Dutch newspaper Het Parool an interview in which the chunks commented negatively about their work in Germany. After a Cologne tabloid newspaper reported it, there was an uproar. The end of 1970, the latest edition of their ARD show was aired.
In her home she took until 1973 for records and was seen until the mid- 1970s and in television shows. One of her last television appearances for the time being was the moderation of the Euro Vision Song Contest 1976 in The Hague. After that, the singer ended her show career, studied law and graduated in 1981 with the exams from. From then on she has been extremely successful as a lawyer, among others, in Den Bosch operates.
From the mid- 1990s Corry Brokken occasionally performed again as a singer. They usually wore at various shows and gala events before their old titles. 1996 appeared in her home Album Nooit thought ( "Never thought " ) with new songs. In Germany, Bear Family Records released three CDs with a lot of their German recordings. In 2000, her memoirs Wat mij published betreft ( " As for me "), which were a great success in the Netherlands. In 2003, she was on TV the ratings of the Dutch televoting during the Euro Vision Song Contest known. In 2006, a DVD with the highlights of her Dutch TV show Een avondje uit met Corry Brokken ( " An Evening with Corry the chunks "). In 2009 they had their second autobiographical book entitled Toegift ( " addition ").
Corry Brokken was married from 1976 until September 11, 1956 a short time with the drummer Cees lake and from 1968 with the theater producer René Sleeswijk. She has a daughter Nancy.
Singles ( Germany )
- Nana ( from random Born to Love ) / Rio de Janeiro ( A mid - summer night at the Bay of Brazil) ( 1955 Ronnex 10 063 )
- Nana (Yes, it has given Nana ) / Rio de Janeiro (This radiant dream ) (1956; Odeon )
- My lucky star / One day with you (1956; Ronnex )
- At that time, everything was so beautiful / Since we 'll see each other (1957, Philips)
- Milord / Moro (1960, Philips)
- He looked like a Lord / Bonjour Paris ( 1961 Philips)
- You are see through / He makes music at Montparnasse (1961, Philips)
- It was in the spring, Cherie / If only I wot (1962, Philips)
- Happiness and glass / Flea Market melody ( 1963 Philips)
- La mamma / Give me your hand (1964, Philips)
- So love, mon ami / Venice is in Grey ( 1965 Philips)
- All my dreams / child number ten ( 1966 Philips)
- Take my hand / game, Gypsy ( 1966; Philips)
- And she wore a rose in her hair / Of your dreams you can not live (1967, Polydor )
- Stranger roads / Milady (1968, Polydor )
- Hot is the coffee / I'm happy even though I cry (1968, Polydor )
- My Love Melody / The last seven days (1969, Columbia)
EPs ( Germany )
- Very softly heard music / Sing, nightingale, sing / Out of the thousand lanterns / Now I know the way to your heart (1957, Philips)
- Maurice, the old charmer / You see through / As the dream of my sleepless nights / He makes music at Montparnasse (1961, Philips)
LPs ( Germany )
- Corry Brokken - Miss Wonderful ( 1965, Philips)
- Hits of yesterday ( 1966 Philips)
- With you it was always so beautiful (1968, Polydor )
CDs ( Germany )
- Milord ( 1996, Bear Family Records)
- La Mamma ( 1996, Bear Family Records)
- Nana - The Ronnex recordings ( 1997, Bear Family Records)