Coupe Gambardella is the name of the French Football Cup for youth club teams (U - 19 and A- Youth). Was named the competition after Emmanuel Gambardella, president of the Fédération Française de Football ( FFF) 1949-1953; FFF is also the organizer of this competition. Up to 1954, was named the Coupe Gambardella Coupe Nationale des Juniors. The main sponsor is the bank Crédit Agricole.
The contest is in France as an important stage on the clubs and their youth players the quality of their - mandatory for professional clubs - training centers ( centers de formation ) prove. Its particular appeal is that even unterklassige clubs can present their youth work to a wider public. Accordingly, the victorious youth clubs this title also often mention under their trophy case.
The Coupe Gambardella is under the cup mode, ie in the knockout system, discharged; usually in December of each year beginning the precipitates at the regional level. From the round of 128 teams, the Fixtures and the venue will be drawn nationwide. Only the winner of the game reached the next round; is a game in a draw after 90 minutes, there is no extension, but it immediately comes in a penalty kick shootout to determine the winner.
From the semi-final matches will be played on neutral ground. The final will take place as the cup final of the men and how this at the Stade de France on the same day.
* Victory on penalties ** Victory due to the better area ratio or the lower average age
Status: after the final match of 2013
- 6 Title: AJ Auxerre
- 4 Title: Nîmes Olympique
- 3 Title: Racing Lens, AS Saint- Étienne, Lyon, Nantes, Rennes, FC Metz, AS Monaco
- 2 Title: AS Cannes, Paris Racing, Racing Strasbourg, FC Sochaux, INF Vichy, Montpellier, Bordeaux
- 9 Appearances: AS Saint- Étienne
- 8 Appearances: AJ Auxerre
- 7 Participation: Racing Lens, Olympique Lyon
- 6 Appearances: FC Nantes
- 5 Appearances: Olympique Nimes, La Paillade / HSC Montpellier, FC Metz
- 4 participations: Stade Reims, Paris Saint- Germain, FC Sochaux