The Czar Peterbuurt is a neighborhood in the district of Amsterdam-Centrum ( North Holland ) and is located east of the Oostelijke islands. 2009, the district along with the island ( residential area ) Oostenburg 4000 inhabitants.
The residential area Czaar Peterbuurt was named after the Russian Tsar Peter I the Great and was established in 1876. The Czar Peterbuurt and the quarter " Funen " (named after the bulwark de " Funen " ) in 2005 merged under the name of Petersburg.
In the second half of the 17th century, the islands emerged Oostelijke (literally " eastern islands" ) with numerous shipyards of the " Admiraliteit van Amsterdam " and the Dutch East India Company ( Dutch: Vereenigde Dutch East India Company, VOC). One of the last windmills cocoa mill de goede Verwachting, in the area of the district was canceled in 1906 to make way for the construction of residential buildings. 1884 drove the first horse-drawn tram ( Paardentram ) by the Czar Peterbuurt and 1906, the first electric tram ( Dutch: " Tram " ) No. 13 to the Amsterdam Central Station. 1938, the " tram " is replaced by a bus, since 2004, bus No. 32 by the Czar Peterstraat ( " Czar Peter Street " ) and the tram No. 10
In 2003, with the modernization of the district started as the center Czaar Peterstraat. The plans included 500 new rental apartments, studios, cafes, restaurants, a library and a playground. In a former factory building in the Czaar Peterstraat the Theater Fabriek Amsterdam was founded with more than 1,000 seats and a modern restaurant. The robust, industrial character of the former factory was, as far as it was possible to keep. Under the name "Stage Theater Programs ring " a comprehensive program is offered.
From the Czar Peter street from it is to nearby well-known attractions: 0.7 km to Persmuseum ( " Press Museum " ), for Energetica Museum 0.9 km, the Tropenmuseum 1.1 km, the Muziekgebouw on IJ 1.2 km away and the Tropical Institute 1.3 km walking distance.