Czorsztyńskie ( German Schorstin ) is a village and seat of the rural community in Poland in the Lesser Poland Voivodeship, powiat Nowotarski.
It lies between the Pieniny and Gorce on Czorsztyńskie reservoir. The village Czorsztyńskie lay at the foot of the rock, carrying the Czorsztyńskie castle.
In 1969 to 1996, a 56 m high dam and hydroelectric plant on the Dunajec River was built next to the castle. It was the Czorsztyńskie reservoir. The village Czorsztyńskie disappeared under the water surface, a new settlement was built nearby.
The village Czorsztyńskie [ German Czornsteyn ( 1395 ), Schorstein (1777 ), also Zornstein ] was at the beginning of the 13th century, much like the villages Grywald ( Grünewald 1330), Dursztyn ( Dürrenstein ), Frydman ( Friedmann ), Falsztyn ( Falkenstein ) and Rychwałd ( Reichenwald ), by German settlers (see Forest German ), which were brought by the Hungarian King Andrew II, built.
1246 the castle belonged to the Knights Piotr Wydżga. In the 15th century the knight Zawisza Czarny Starostei belonged to. It was burned in 1433 by the Hussites. It was a stronghold of the peasant uprising of Kostka - Napierski ( 1651) and the Confederation of Bar ( 1768-1782 ).