Dag Solstad ( " Sulstad " pronounced) has published in his home country already about 30 books, among them - along with writer Jon Michelet - five books about World Cup Soccer Championships. Dag Solstad lives in Berlin.
Ins German is, inter alia, the book " eleventh novel, eighteenth book" (2004) at the Zurich Dörlemann Verlag published. The novel was published in the original in 1992 and marked a turning point in Solstads work dar. Previously, he was a member of the Maoist communist parti ern work as a political writer. With the decline of the once characterized by students Maoist movement of the late 70s, the focus of his work has changed - now the individual is at the center, not society as such. It is therefore not surprising that ' eleventh novel, eighteenth book " and not an earlier book was first translated into German, because here the social background of Norway plays no significant role more and read the content of universal can and no reservations about Solstads political past can become the target of criticism.
Solstad said during a reading in the House of Literature Zurich ( 27 September 2004) that he has since no longer could write politically. He had tried - in vain. It lacked the hope for change.
Solstads books bear some idiosyncratic title, one about bears his date of birth. His publisher had never taken his task to search for a title, so Solstad. Although he had in the case of " eleventh novel, eighteenth book" different titles to choose from, but the focus was on each one aspect, so that other aspects were too short. Finally he settled in this case inspired by the music, where one knows the Insert Numbers of his own work. 2005 Solstads novel Professor Andersen's Night was published in German translation, other translations of other Solstad books are likely to follow.
Dag Solstad has been awarded a lifetime tax-free state pension of 200,000 crowns per year on the occasion of his 70th birthday June 17, 2011 due to its role in Norwegian literature.
Content eleventh novel, eighteenth book
In eleventh novel, eighteenth book the figure of the intellectual Björn Hansen is at the center. He leaves his wife and son ( 2) in order to follow his beloved Turid Lammers of Oslo in the province. After 14 years and after the passion is to Turid long since cooled, it separates but from her and holds a crazy plan to once and for society to say no, which is increasingly trite and superficial found him and his existential boredom has nothing to oppose. But before he can put it into practice this plan draws his grown son that have become temporarily with him to begin an optician training in Kongsberg. But being with him ends sobering. Father and son remain a stranger.
- Irr! Grønt! - (1969)
- Arild Asnes, 1970 - (1971 )
- 25 september plassen - (1974 )
- Svik. Førkrigsår - (1977 )
- Krig. 1940 - (1978 )
- Brød above våpen - (1980 )
- Gymnaslærer Pedersen beretning om the store politiske vekkelse som har hjemsøkt vårt land - (1982 )
- Forsøk på å beskrive det ugjennomtrengelige - (1984 )
- Roman 1987 - (1987) ( Literary Prize of the Nordic Council 1989)
- Medal Jens forside - (1990 )
- Ellevte novel, bok atten - (1992). Dt. Eleventh novel, eighteenth book. Translated by Ina Kronenberger. Dörlemann Verlag, Zurich, 2004. ISBN 978-3-908777-12-0
- Genanse above verdighet - (1994). Dt. Shame and dignity. Translated by Ina Kronenberger. Dörlemann Verlag, Zurich, 2007. ISBN 978-3-908777-27-4
- Professor Andersens natt - (1996). Dt. Professor Andersen's Night. Translated by Ina Kronenberger. Dörlemann Verlag, Zurich, 2005. ISBN 978-3-908777-16-8
- T. Singer - (1999)
- 16/7/41 - (2002)
- Armand V. - Footnotes to an unexcavated Roman. German by Ina Kronenberger. Dörlemann Verlag, Zurich, 2008. ISBN 978-3-908777-41-0
Novellas and short stories
- Spiral - Short Stories ( 1965)
- Svingstol - Prosatetexte, (1967 )
- George: Do you sit godt? - (1968 ) - with Einar Økland
- Kamerat Stalin, eller family Nordby - (1975 )
Articles and Essays
- Tilbake til Pelle Erobreren - articles, (1977 )
- Sleng på byens - Petits, (1983 )
- 14 12 år på artikler - (1993 )
- Artikler 1993-2004 - (2004)
- VM i fotball 1982 - (1982 ) - with Jon Michelet
- VM i fotball 1986 - (1986 ) - with Jon Michelet
- VM i fotball 1990 - (1990 ) - with Jon Michelet
- VM i fotball 1994 - (1994 ) - with Jon Michelet
- VM i fotball 1998 - (1998) - with Jon Michelet