Dahlhausen, Upper Dahlhausen
Dahlhausen was first mentioned in 803. In the 1400s included the Good Dalehusen and Linden to the Official Blankenstein. During the Napoleonic era, it was assigned to the Canton Hattingen. As of 1815, the village belonged to the circle of Hattingen. In 1921, Dahl Hausen was merged with the neighboring community of Linden Linden Dahlhausen. This new community was dissolved and incorporated to Bochum on August 1st 1929.
In the course of industrialization in the 19th century included mainly people from Hessen, the East Prussian provinces and from Poland to the immigrants. In the period 1818 to 1921 the population rose from 387 to 13,000. In particular, in the 1960s, workers from Turkey, Italy and Portugal were recruited.
Today there are numerous remnants of old mining facilities which Dahlhausen once given its importance as the colliery Dahl Hauser civil engineering. From this history bear witness to many disused railway lines in Dahlhausen, like the hare Winkel Kohlenweg. The relics of the Ruhr mining be developed here locally by the Dahl Hauser mining trail. A globally significant company from the early days is the Dr. C. Otto & Comp., Which produces bricks for blast furnaces and coke ovens.
The station Bochum- Dahlhausen is now a stop on the S 3, which connects it to the S -Bahn Rhein- Ruhr network. In addition, with the tram line 318 since 1901 here has its terminus to reach the Bochum Main Station and the city center of Bochum. In Dahlhausen is the former railway depot Bochum- Dahlhausen, which was opened in 1977 as the Railway Museum Bochum- Dahlhausen.
In Dahlhausen there are four schools. In addition to the primary school Dahlhausen are located in the University Centre South West, the Hugo -Schultz -Realschule, Heinrich- Kämpchen main school and the Theodor -Körner- Gymnasium. Furthermore, there is the Rosalie Eagle center for seniors and the Lutheran Church.
The village today is culturally diverse. Several initiatives promote the district culture, including the " IFAK eV - Association for Multicultural Children and Youth Services - migration work ," the " Academy of cultures NRW", prokulturgut.net eV and the Youth Art School "School of Arts " of the cultural eV Lindah appear as local publication. The former Friends of Nature House is managed since 2010 by prokulturgut.net eV in cooperation with the City of Bochum as " Bola. Haus der Kulturen Ruhr " youth / training center and hostel culture. Since 2012 Dahlhausen is one of the venue for the "Ruhr city of festivals ".
In Dahlhausen is also the former hostel house Hedtberg. Long gone is the time of the restoration of the castle Horkenstein Ruhr heights.
At one Ruhr dam, there is a beer garden and a campground. This used to be a river pool with bathing island. Something upstream is the floating bridge Dahlhausen, a pontoon bridge to Burg Altendorf. More Ruhr bridges are the disused railway bridge Dahlhausen with the 1988 built footbridge. Hiking and biking trails at the Ruhr as part of the Kaiser- route lead to Hattingen and Essen- Steele.