Dane County Regional Airport
The airport Madison - Dane County ( officially: Dane County Regional Airport, formerly also: Truax Field) (IATA: MSN, ICAO: KMSN ) is the airport of Madison, the capital of the U.S. state of Wisconsin. The permanently open and the Dane County owned airport is the main hub of the air transport of the metropolitan area Madison.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) classifies the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems belonging airport by the number of 728 075 departing passengers as a small hub primary commercial service airport.
On the grounds of the airport, either there is a basis of the Army and the Air National Guard of Wisconsin.
About the Johnson Street, Pennsylvania Avenue, the Packers Avenue and International Lane, the airport is connected to the 10 km south-west to the center of Madison.
The airport has three start and runways, each having a concrete pad. There is a passenger terminal with 13 air bridges and a baggage handling system with multiple distribution points. Several car rental companies have bases in the reception building.
Aircraft and aircraft movements
At the airport a total of 149 aircraft are based. Of these, 82 single-engine and multi-engine propeller planes 10, 20 jets and 15 helicopters. In addition, 22 military aircraft are stationed.
Of the 228 aircraft movements per day 16 percent of the scheduled and charter traffic, 55 percent of general aviation and 22 percent are attributable to the air taxi traffic. In addition there are around seven percent military aircraft movements.
Airlines and destinations
- American Connection - operated by Chautauqua Airlines - Chicago O'Hare
- American Eagle - Chicago O'Hare and Dallas / Fort Worth
- Delta Air Lines - Atlanta, Detroit and Minneapolis -Saint Paul
- Delta Connection - operated by Compass Airlines - Atlanta, Minneapolis -Saint Paul and Detroit
- Delta Connection - operated by Endeavor Air - Cincinnati, Minneapolis -Saint Paul and Detroit
- Delta Connection - operated by ExpressJet - Atlanta, Minneapolis -Saint Paul and Detroit
- Delta Connection - operated by GoJet Airlines - New York -LaGuardia
- Delta Connection - operated by SkyWest Airlines - Detroit, Minneapolis -Saint Paul and Salt Lake City
- Frontier Airlines - Denver and seasonal Orlando
- Frontier Airlines - operated by Republic Airlines - Denver and Washington
- United Express - operated by ExpressJet - Chicago O'Hare, Denver, Cleveland and Newark
- United Express - operated by GoJet Airlines - Chicago O'Hare
- United Express - operated by SkyWest Airlines - Chicago O'Hare, Denver