Daniel Goleman ( born March 7, 1946 in Stockton, California, USA) is an American psychologist, best known as a science journalist.
Goleman taught as a clinical psychologist at Harvard University, was editor of the journal Psychology Today, and is the editor of Psychology and Neuroscience at the New York Times. In 1994, Goleman, together with Eileen Growald the organization CASEL. He became famous for his 1995 published book EQ. Emotional Intelligence, which became an international bestseller. 2006 had he followed with Social Intelligence a book in which interpersonal relations and behavior in social contexts is in the foreground.
Goleman is one of the scientists involved in the conferences of the Mind and Life Institute. In 1990 he was scientific director of the Mind and Life III, which focused on the relationship between emotions and health. Daniel Goleman was editor of the volume, who reported on the Mind and Life III under the title The Healing Power of Emotions: Conversations with the Dalai Lama on Mindfulness, Emotions and Health.
He was also the scientific coordinator of the 8th Conference, which took place in March 2000. Participants of the conference were: Tenzin Gyatsho ( Dalai Lama ), Richard J. Davidson, Paul Ekman, Owen Flanagan, Mark Greenberg, Geshe Thupten Jinpa, Matthieu Ricard, Jeanne L. Tsai, Francisco J. Varela and B. Alan Wallace. Goleman has documented this conference and in the book dialogue with the Dalai Lama - published How can we overcome destructive emotions.
- Concentrated you! Piper Verlag, 2014, 978-3-492-05652-6
- Life lies - The psychology of self-deception. Heyne Verlag 1991, ISBN 3-453-13025-1
- EQ. Emotional Intelligence. German Taschenbuch Verlag 1997, ISBN 3-423-36020-8
- The Healing Power of Emotions: Conversations with the Dalai Lama on Mindfulness, Emotions and Health. dtv, Munich 1998, ISBN 3-423-36178-6
- Dialogue with the Dalai Lama - How can we overcome destructive emotions. dtv, Munich 2005, ISBN 3-423-34207-2
- Social Intelligence. Droemer 2006, ISBN 3-426-27318-7
- Ecological intelligence. Droemer / Knaur 2009, ISBN 3-426-27514-7
- Emotional management, with Richard Boyatzis, Annie McKee ( Econ -Verlag) 2002, ISBN 3-430-13289-4