The parents of Daniel Negreanu, Annie and Constantin, emigrated in 1967 from Romania to Canada. Shortly before graduating from high school, he broke them and took part in and around Toronto, both legal and illegal gambling. During this time he met Evelyn Ng know who is also a professional poker player today and was romantically involved for some time with her. After he had saved some money, he went to Las Vegas in order to fulfill his dream of becoming a professional poker player. He ended up, however, very quickly on the floor of the facts and returned to Toronto back to back to save some money.
1997 Daniel Negreanu won two tournaments at the World Poker Finals, earning it $ 133,600. The following year, he won at the World Series of Poker tournament in the $ 2,500 Pot Limit Hold'em and became the youngest bracelet winner in the history of the tournament series. This record he held until 2004, when he lost it to Gavin Griffin. Since then, Negreanu has become one of the best and most respected tournament players around the world. 2003 and 2004, he won two more tournaments at the World Series of Poker. In the same year he also won the Player of the Year Award. In the World Series of Poker 2006 he bought in a tournament 48 times each for $ 1,000, and re- finished the tournament without getting into the money. In addition, he won two tournaments of the World Poker Tour. In 2003 he started his own online poker room called Full Contact Poker, the rights in 2005 but sold at big stack Enterprises to offer itself as a player in the exclusive virtual card room. In June 2007 PokerStars.com took over the competitors and Negreanu was their advertising. For the U.S. Poker Card Player magazine, he has written over 100 articles. Daniel Negreanu has collected in 2004, the most points in the magazine Player of the Year standings and thus won the trophy. In 2005 he worked for half a year for the Wynn in Las Vegas. He played at the onsite casino and campaigned for the poker room by exclusively playing live poker. In 2013, he won two WSOP bracelets and was re-elected player of the year.
Daniel Negreanu is one of the few players who appeared in all six seasons of the Poker U.S. Poker High Stakes format. He missed the only player not an episode. End of the fourth season, he was also the participant with the longest total playing time at the table.
In the second season he was involved with Gus Hansen in a spectacular hand, when he came with 6 ♠ 6 ♥ 5 ♦ 5 ♣ on. With the 9 ♣ 6 ♦ community cards 5 ♥ 5 ♠ 8 ♠ he met while a full house, but was Gustav Hansen Vierling inferior. As a result, he lost the pot worth more than $ 575,700. That pot was until the end of the third season is also the highest of the series. He was by this hand, however, also very much liked the poker fans met with, as he, retained despite the high loss.
Negreanu plays regularly at the Bellagio at the biggest poker game in the world, with minimum stakes of 4,000 and $ 8,000.
He won far more than $ 19 million in official tournaments.
Bracelets at the World Series of Poker
- He was married on 19 August 2005 to November 2007 with Lori Lin Weber and lived with her in Las Vegas.
- Erick Lindgren bet with Negreanu that this in his life more than 75kg would eventually prevail. Negreanu took the bet and instantly became a vegan. At the poker table he eats often vegan food that has been cooked until her death in November 2009 by his mother.
- Daniel likes to wear shirts and hockey is a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- In addition, Negreanu uses for disabled children and teaches them how to play poker.
- Negreanu is a passionate golfer.
- Negreanu is seen in the video for Katy Perry's song Waking Up In Vegas.
- Daniel Negreanu has appeared in a minor role in the poker movie " Lucky You " and had a cameo as a poker opponents of the mutant Gambit in the X - Men movie X -Men Origins: Wolverine.