In addition to his previous occupation for Slayer Lombardo plays alongside Mike Patton ( Faith No More) and Buzz Osborne ( The Melvins ) in the band Fantômas. As the drummer for the thrash metal band Grip Inc., he published together with guitarist and vocalist Waldemar Sorychta Gus Chambers since 1995 four albums.
Together with DJ Spooky, he published in 2005 the album Drums of Death, which contains among other Chuck D and Dälek have guest appearances. He also had various guest recordings as a drummer on several albums by the Finnish cello quartet Apocalyptica.
Currently Lombardo rehearsing with guitarist Garry Nestler and bassist Pancho Tomaselli under the band name PhilM.
Lombardo is married and father of two children.
According to " Digital Dream Door", he is regarded as the best metal drummer. On May 30, 2013 were announced by Slayer that Lombardo would in future be replaced by Paul Bostaph.
With Grip Inc.
- 2003 - Reflections ( with Prologue, No Education, Somewhere Around Nothing, Resurrection and Cortège )
- 2005 - Apocalyptica ( in Betrayal / Forgiveness )
- 2007 - Worlds Collide (with Last Hope )
- 2010 - 7th Symphony ( in 2010)
With John Zorn
Drum Setup of 2009/2010, approximately since the recording of the Slayer album World Painted Blood:
- Ddrum USA Custom ( Maple, " World Painted Blood" finish)
- 24 "x18 " Bass Drum ( x2)
- 14 " x6" steel shell snare drum
- Toms: 10 "x10 ", 12 " x10 ", 13 " x11 " & 14 " x12"
- Floor Toms: 18 " x16 " & 20 " x16"
- Heads: Evans Tom Batter Heads: G2
- Tom Reso Heads: G1
- Snare Batter Head: ST Dry Coated
- Snare Resonant: Hazy -300
- Bass Drum Batter Heads: EQ3
- Bass Drum Resonant Heads: EQ1
- Sticks: Pro-Mark
- Paiste Cymbals 18 " 2002 Novo China
- 16 " Rude Crash Ride
- 18 " Rude Crash Ride
- 20 " Rude Crash Ride
- 22 " Signature Series Power Ride
- 20 " 2002 Novo China
- 13 " Bell Chime
- 15 " Rude Sound Edge Hi -Hat
- TAMA Iron Cobra bass pedal ( x2)
Dave Lombardo plays his own words preferred double bass with two separate bass drums. He uses it rarely triggers. The Beater Pedals of it will adjust so that this is quite far from the Fell are at a high voltage of the bass drum batter heads to produce a suitable rebound.