Dave Sardy (born 1967 in Brooklyn, New York City as David Sardy ) is an American music producer who works mainly with groups in rock. He was also a singer and guitarist of the band Barkmarket.
Sardy first played in some unknown hardcore bands. Since he earned no money so he moonlighted as a waiter and factory workers. With the founded in 1987 in Brooklyn post-hardcore group Barkmarket Sardy published until 1997, five albums, four of them on Rick Rubin's label American Recordings. In 1992, Barkmarket opening act of the Pixies, 1993 Sardy played guitar on Frank Black's debut album.
His band Barkmarket gained in critical circles high reputation and also achieved some notoriety in Europe. Among other things, the group on the Belgian Pukkelpop Festival (1994 and 1996 ) and the Hultsfredfestival in Sweden was present. The 1996 released album L- Ron was at the same height and end of the career, since due to its increasing success of this activity had become more important for Sardy as a producer.
During the production of Aftertaste Sardy was also briefly worked as a second guitarist with performances by Helmet, which were Barkmarket opening act. Sometimes his guitar playing can also be heard on albums produced by him, for example, on Holy Wood by Marilyn Manson.
Sardy started as an engineer, mixer and producer with his own band as well as artist friends, Cop Shoot Cop about After he had worked on the side of Rick Rubin at some of famous musicians such as Nine Inch Nails or the Red Hot Chili Peppers, he worked the Slayer album Undisputed Attitude first time in 1996 as a self-responsible producer of a well-known band. Subsequently he worked for a variety of artists, Supergrass and the Dandy Warhols to Marilyn Manson or Atari Teenage Riot.
Characteristic of his productions is often the use of old equipment, which is according to its own statement that the fact that everything he loved about music, was either old or was recorded on old instruments, such as the Beatles and Black Sabbath and The Verve.
Dave Sardy composed since 2008 to date to six movies, music. These are 2008 for 21, 2009 for Zombieland, 2011 for Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, 2012 for Premium Rush and End of Watch and 2014 for sabotage.
Produced albums by Sardy (selection)
- Bush - Golden State (2001)
- Far - Water & Solutions ( 1998)
- Harmful - Counter Balance (2001)
- Helmet - Aftertaste (1997)
- Hot Hot Heat - Elevator ( 2005)
- Hundred Reasons - Ideas Above Our Station (2002)
- Hundred Reasons - Shatterproof Is Not a Challenge ( 2004)
- Jet - Get Born (2003)
- Marilyn Manson - Holy Wood (2000)
- Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds (2011)
- The Thrills - Let's Bottle Bohemia ( 2004)
- Oasis - Do not Believe the Truth ( 2005)
- Serafin - No Push Collide (2003)
- Slayer - Undisputed Attitude ( 1996)
- Soulwax - My Cruel Joke (1997)
- Soulwax - Much Against Everyone 's Advice (1999)
- System of a Down - System of a Down (1998, in collaboration with Rick Rubin)
- Vision of Disorder - Imprint ( 1998)
Mixer / Engineer (selection)
- Atari Teenage Riot - 60 Second Wipe Out (1999)
- Autolux - Future Perfect ( 2004)
- Brand New - Daisy (2009)
- Johnny Cash - American III: Solitary Man (2000)
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - One Hot Minute (1994 )
- Supergrass - Life on Other Planets (2002)
- Harmful - Cause (2009)
- Soma - Jewel and the Orchestra (2010)
- Fall Out Boy - Save Rock and Roll (2013 )