David Bruce Sklansky ( born December 22, 1947 in Teaneck, New Jersey) is an American professional poker player and author.
His father Irving was a professor of mathematics at Columbia University. At the age of 12 years, David reached the maximum number of points in the mathematical portion of the SAT. After graduating from high school in 1966 he began studying at the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania, finished it but without examination after one year. He worked in the short term as an investment adviser, but then turned entirely to the game of poker. At that time, Texas Hold'em was used in the casinos still little. Sklansky's book published in 1976 about laying the foundation for the popularity of this poker variant. After he won in 1982 and 1983 a total of three tournaments of the World Series of Poker, Sklansky founded in 1984 along with Mason Malmuth, which he had previously given poker lessons, the book publisher Two Plus Two Publishing. Since then he has published 12 books on the strategy of the card game. He also worked as a consultant for casinos and online poker sites.
In 2006 he made a public betting offer over $ 50,000 for attention. Sklansky claimed that no fundamentalist Christian could achieve a better result than he in a standardized mathematics test. Prerequisite is that previously proven a lie detector test is passed, in which the person asserts that he believed the existence of hell in the resurrection of Jesus Christ, and, moreover, that all people who do not share this view, in the hell would come. The last point includes most Christians, for example, all Catholics, Protestants, Orthodox and most free churches. He was then criticized by Ken Jennings, a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and record winners of the U.S. television show Jeopardy, as arrogant.
David Sklansky been won over $ 1,000,000 in live tournaments. In the first half of 2007, his winnings were $ 73,139.
World Series of Poker bracelets
- Gambling for a Living by David Sklansky and Mason Malmuth (ISBN 1-880685-16-7 )
- Getting the Best of It by David Sklansky (ISBN 1-880685-04-3 )
- Hold'em Poker by David Sklansky (ISBN 1-880685-08-6 )
- Hold'em Poker for Advanced Players, 21st Century Edition by David Sklansky and Mason Malmuth (ISBN 1-880685-22-1 )
- No Limit Hold'em - Theory and Practice by David Sklansky and Ed Miller (ISBN 1-880685-37- X)
- Poker, Gaming, & Life by David Sklansky (ISBN 1-880685-17-5 )
- Seven Card Stud for Advanced Players by David Sklansky, Mason Malmuth and Ray Zee (ISBN 1-880685-23- X)
- Sklansky on Poker by David Sklansky (ISBN 1-880685-06- X)
- Sklansky on Razz by David Sklansky (ISBN 0-870190-50-4 )
- Sklansky Talks Blackjack by David Sklansky (ISBN 1-880685-21-3 )
- Theory of Poker by David Sklansky (ISBN 1-880685-00-0 )
- Tournament Poker for Advanced Players by David Sklansky
- Ducy? by David Sklansky (ISBN 978-1880685488 )