The 27th of December is the 361st day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 362nd in leap years), thus four days remain until the end of the year.
- 2.1 Before the 18th century
- 2.2 18th century
- 2.3 19th century
- 2.4 20th century 2.4.1 1901-1950
- 2.4.2 1951-2000
- 3.1 Before the 20th century
- 3.2 20th century
- 3.3 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
Science and Technology
- 0418: Part of the Roman clergy chooses Eulalius as the successor of the deceased on the day before Zosimus Pope. Since the next day also elected Boniface I. is explained by Emperor Honorius as the rightful pope, he is now regarded as anti-pope.
- 0537: The Hagia Sophia was inaugurated in the presence of the Emperor Justinian I in Byzantium.
- 1618: The Upper German Cistercian Congregation is founded.
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 18th century
Before the 20th century
- 2002: Carla Henius, German mezzo-soprano
- 2002: George Roy Hill, American film director ( The Sting )
- 2003: Alan Bates, British actor
- 2004: Hank Garland, American guitarist
- 2005: Herbert Kautz, Austrian politician
- 2006: Pierre Delanoë, French chanson copywriter
- 2006: Boris Guds, Russian writer
- 2007: Benazir Bhutto, Pakistani Prime Minister, the world's first Muslim head of government
- 2008: Heinrich Pommerenke, German thugs and serial killers
- 2010: Peter Kreisky, Austrian social scientist
- 2011: Michael Dummett, British philosopher and logician
- 2012: Jesco von Puttkamer, German - American aerospace engineer and author
- 2012: Norman Schwarzkopf Jr., American General
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances St. John the Evangelist, traditionally identified with the same apostle (Protestant, Catholic)
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in December