The 29th of December is the 363rd day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 364th in leap years), with 2 days remaining until the end.
- 3.1 Before the 19th century
- 3.2 19th century
- 3.3 20th century
- 3.4 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
Science and Technology
- 0418: Boniface I. was proclaimed in Rome for the Pope.
- 1165: Charlemagne becomes the Archbishop of Cologne, Rainald of Dassel, with the approval of the Antipope Paschal III. revered, canonization, which is, however, never officially recognized by the Catholic Church.
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
- On December 29, the opening of the annual Four Hills Tournament takes place on the Schattenbergschanze in Oberstdorf in Ski Jumping.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
Before the 19th century
- 0722: Gemmei, 43 Empress of Japan
- 1125 Agnes, daughter of the Polish duke Władysław I Herman and his wife Judith
- 1170: Thomas Becket, English Lord Chancellor and Archbishop of Canterbury
- 1302: Wizlaw II, Prince of Rügen
- 1516: Johannes Butzbach, German Prior
- 1563: Thomas Naogeorg, German dramatist
- 1583: Dolfin Zaccaria, Italian cardinal and Apostolic Nuncio in Vienna
- 1589: John III. of Trautson, Austrian statesman
- 1605: John Davis, English navigator and explorer
- 1606: Stephan Bocskai, Reformed prince in Transylvania
- 1526: Balthasar Meisner, German theologian and ethicist
- 1563: Sebastian Castellio French humanist and scholar
- 1662: Antonio de Acuña Cabrera y Bayona, Spanish officer and governor of Chile
- 1689: Thomas Sydenham, English physician of the Baroque period
- 1700: Philipp Matthäus, German physicians
- 1731 Brook Taylor, British mathematician
- 1755: Daniel Archinard, preachers and pastors
- 1772: Ernst Johann von Biron, Duke of Courland
- 1800: Karl Benjamin Acoluth, German jurist and writer
- 2001: Florian Fricke, German electronic music pioneer
- 2002: Július Satinský, Slovak actor
- 2003: Earl Hindman, American actor
- 2003: Don Lawrence, a British comic book artist
- 2003: Tino Schwierzina, German politician, Member of Parliament, the last mayor of East Berlin
- 2004: Julius Axelrod, American physician and neuro- chemist
- 2004: Eugenio Garin, Italian philosopher
- 2007: Günter Wöhe, German economist
- 2008: Werner von Aesch, Swiss comedian
- 2008: Freddie Hubbard, American jazz trumpeter
- 2008: Rudi Michel, German sports journalist
- 2009: Roberto Amadei, Italian church historian and bishop
- 2009: Steve Williams, American professional wrestler
- 2010: Walter Adamson, German - Australian writer
- 2011: Ivan Andonow Bulgarian actor, director and painter
- 2011: Leopold Hawes, Austrian Cafetier
- 2012: Helmut Böhme, German historian
- 2013: Wojciech Kilar, Polish composer
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances St. Thomas Becket, English nobleman and Bishop (Protestant, Anglican, Roman Catholic, Armenian )
- St. David, King of Israel ( Roman Catholic, Protestant: LCMS )
- Name Days David, Jonathan, Tamara
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in December