Confluence of Deilbach (left) and Hardberger Bach ( also Mill creek, right) in Langenberg ( seen from the bridge in the direction of " Froweinplatz " from )
The Deilbachhammer in Essen- Kupferdreh
The Deilbach is a left-side tributary of the Ruhr in North Rhine -Westphalia, Germany.
The Deilbach springs north of the district of Wuppertal Barmen at 301 meters above sea level on single kayaks. NN on the watershed of the river Wupper and dysentery and ends after almost 21 kilometers in food - Kupferdreh at 51 meters above sea level. NN in the Ruhr.
In Langenberg is Deilbach and Hardberger Bach unite (coming from Neviges and in Langenberg primarily as " Mill Brook" known) and limit where the old town with 136 listed buildings of fine half-timbered facades and slate. Between Langenberg and Nierenhof it flows from the right of the fields Bach (from the Felderbachtal Coming ) to and in Nierenhof, also from the right, Heier mountain stream (from the Wodantal ). The Deilbach also flows through the town Dill village, now part of food Kupferdreh.
The Deilbach led to 1864 "at the Kupper Turn " in Essen- Kupferdreh in the Ruhr. The mouth was expanded to the port where coal and ore were handled. The mouth was moved about 200 meters to the north by the construction of the Phoenix hut at this point, where it is still located today on Baldeneysee. The marshy old port sank in the waters of Lake Baldeney was dammed as this 1930.
The Deilbach also patterns in the area of Langenberg a language barrier Deilbach - Issel - line ( unit plural line), which is ruled out as part of the Lower Franconian Benrather line from the Treaty of Westphalia. This is particularly evident in the pronunciation of certain words. The word "bicycle" (in addition to older fiets ) is west of the Deilbaches with the stressed long vowel a pronounced; east, so rather Westphalian, the word "bicycle" as " Farrat " pronounced. The temporal adverb "now" is the west as " jezz " pronounced east anlautend with "g", or " geez ". Striking feature is the pronunciation of " r ", which is largely not pronounced but is spoken by an indicated "a", " Do- atmund " instead of " Dortmund "; " Paddabo - to " instead of " Paderborn ".
Try searching the name origin for the Deilbach, formerly called Deile or Deele, are Thidelda, Tithelda. ( An indication of a Germanic settlers, but which is nowhere used). Another interpretation refers to " part Bach", share of (the country ). The Deilbach also formed always been the boundary between different government areas, such as between the reign Hardenberg Become a part of the Duchy of Berg and later ruled Brandenburg March territory of the abbey. Previously, he was in the early Middle Ages the middle of the Grenzsaums between the dominions of the Franks and the Saxons. Another, not improbable origin is the expression Didele ( " Dideln " = uneasy ), as a reference to the numerous meandering turns of the creek.
The water of the Deilbaches has been used ever since to drive mills ( Deiler mill). Early industry works such as the Deiler Koperhut around 1550 (later Deiler copper hammer ) and the Deilbachhammer (Iron Hammer) in 1650, and the first railway company on German soil, the " Deilthaler Railway " or Prince William Railway make the Deilbachteil at Kupferdreh the cradle of the industrial the southern Ruhr area. The railway line through the Deilbachtal since 1830 ( until 1844 as Schmalspur-/Pferdebahn ) until today in continuous operation. Today, the trains of the S- Bahn line 9 from Wuppertal to holders.
The ensemble now forms the museum landscape Deilbachtal of the Ruhr Museum and is part of both the Essenes monument paths as well as the Route of Industrial Heritage.
The upper reaches of the Deilbachs is reported as 154 -acre nature reserve. The protected status was
- For the conservation and development of the existing biotope complexes as Refugial and regeneration room for the animal and plant species of the Lower Berg river valleys.
- For the conservation and restoration of natural river system with numerous natural springs, spring-fed streams, stream routes and a diverse riverine fauna.
- For the conservation and restoration of stream accompanying alder forests and alder riparian woodlands.
- To maintain the structural richness of the branched valleys, the accompanying lean, moist and wet grassland with flood areas, source, forbs and Mädesüßfluren, wetlands, marsh marigold meadows, sedge, moist wastelands and standing water as amphibians spawning grounds.
- To the preservation and restoration of source rich oak-beech and beech forests with a high proportion of old and dead wood and small coppice stands.
- From regional studies and geological reasons and because of the specific nature of the large area preserved down bergischen cultural landscape with old mill site, mill pond, mill trenches Flößgräben ( Bruges Bach, Winter Berger Bach), historical path connections, sunken debris and old Landwehr lines.
- To preserve the natural meandering brook.
- For the conservation of wetland grassland.
- Because of the natural greening.
- For the conservation of native trees and shrubs.
- For the conservation of habitats and communities of rare and endangered animal and plant species.
- Because of the presence of kingfishers, dippers and gray wagtails.
- Because of its scenic beauty.
See also: List of nature reserves in Wuppertal