That a picture in the article is useful, you can, for example, recognize the fact that the article text refers thereto.

Dettelbach is a city in the Lower Franconian district of Kitzingen and consists of Dettelbach and its neighborhoods Bibergau, Brück, Dettelbach Station, Effeldorf, your field, Mainsondheim, Neuses on the mountain, Neusetz, Schernau and Schnepf Bach.

  • 3.1 Coat of Arms 3.1.1 Blazon
  • 3.1.2 Crest History
  • 4.1 Attractions
  • 4.2 monuments
  • 4.3 Museums
  • 4.4 walks
  • 5.1 Economics
  • 5.2 Tourism
  • 5.3 traffic
  • 5.4 schools
  • 5.5 Sports
  • 5.6 Images from Dettelbach
  • 6.1 freeman
  • 6.2 Sons and daughters of the town


Geographical Location

Dettelbach is in the northwest of Bavaria, about 20 kilometers east from the regional center of Würzburg and about eight kilometers north of Kitzingen. The city is located on Main.


Dettelbach is divided into 13 districts:

  • Bibergau
  • Brück
  • Dettelbach
  • Dettelbach Station
  • Effeldorf
  • Your field
  • Mainsondheim
  • Neuhof
  • Neuses am Berg
  • Neusetz
  • Schernau
  • Schnepf Bach
  • Sulzhof

Neighboring communities

Neighboring municipalities are (from north clockwise beginning ): Prosselsheim, Volkach, Nordheim am Main, Sommerach, Schwarzach am Main, Albertshofen, Kitzingen, Mainstockheim, Biebelried, rotting village and Kuernach.


Dettelbach lies in Franconia cuesta on limestone soils.


The city belongs to the Maingauklimazone, which is considered one of the driest and warmest climates in Germany. The average annual temperature is 7.5 ° to 8 ° C and the annual precipitation is approximately 600 millimeters.


In the year 741 was the first written mention of the name of the town goes back to one franc named Tetila. The city was chartered in 1484 by the City of Würzburg Prince- Bishop Rudolf II of Scherenberg. In 1503 it came to the completion of the parish church of St. Augustine with the two unequal towers. Three years later, the pilgrimage church of Maria was built in the sand and completed in 1512 the building of the late Gothic town hall.

The office of the Prince-Bishopric of Würzburg, which belonged to the Frankish Empire Circle, fell 1803 ( Reichsdeputationshauptschluss ) to the Electorate of Bavaria and had 1805 at the Peace of Pressburg the Archduke Ferdinand of Tuscany to form the Grand Duchy of Würzburg be left. 1814 Dettelbach was definitively Bavarian and was until 1900 the Regional Court seat.

Due to the administrative reforms in the Kingdom of Bavaria was born with the congregation of 1818 the church today. From 30 August 1900 to 2 October 1960, the five-kilometer railway station - Dettelbach Dettelbach was in town operation.


In the course of municipal reform communities Bibergau, Brück and Effeldorf were incorporated on 1 July 1972. Mainsondheim was added on July 1, 1974. Schernau followed on 1 January 1976. Neusetz Schnepf and Bach were incorporated on 1 January 1978. With the incorporation of your field and Neuses on the mountain the series of incorporations on 1 May 1978, completed.


Coat of arms


Argent, a red castle with two towers built, in which the gate is open, a growing, red bishop dressed with silver tunic, holding the golden crosier in his left hand, the rights for the blessing collected; including a split of blue and red labels; above a slanted, notched, quartered silver and red flag of golden rod, down a silver wave beams.

Coat of Arms history

The Bishop of Würzburg, Rudolf von Scherenberg (1466-1495) asked the Emperor Frederick III to rise. , Dettelbach to the city. The city rights were conferred on it in 1484. A seal impression is known from the year 1498, the view shows the crest and has hardly changed in the 15th and 16th centuries in existing architectural sculptures and heraldic books. The castle with crenellated towers is a reference to the term city. The quartered red and silver banner in small arms were the pennon of Wuerzburg Bishopric of Würzburg. The abbot in the coat of arms is also indicative of the diocese of Würzburg, which exercised the city rule until the end of the Old Kingdom in 1803. The wave bar is a canting symbol for the place name part - bach. In the years around 1920, often only the small coat of arms was used as a coat of arms. Also Hupp has shown this small coat of arms coat of arms in his book as a coat of arms. The coat of arms has been operational since 1498.


Dettelbach has partnerships with the Austrian Poysdorf (since 1986) and with the Italian Rufina ( since 29 July 2006).

Culture and sights

The medieval city walls with ditches, 52 towers and five gates is almost completely preserved in its course despite breaks, most impressively in the northern and eastern area. Already in the 19th century, three of the five city gates were sacrificed to the road. Very well preserved are the cheats of the north gate and the Faltertor at the northeast corner of the wall.

Similarly, the medieval narrow streets and half-timbered houses. Particularly worth seeing is the late Gothic Town Hall and the ensemble are around the small square below the town church. According to a legend, the Builder shall have the town hall planned so that three people, without seeing, the town hall can simultaneously enter ( staircase, passage, from the west side ). Below the town church can still be a pillory with iron base and bracket and the inscription " for wicked Leut " be visited.

A special local pastry specialty is Muskatzinen that gouged with loop-shaped wooden molds from the dough, then baked and are available in two patisseries / cafes in the city. Until well into the 70s and a pastry in the form of a Jewish pig in a local bakery was available, which was also gouged out with a model form.


  • Parish Church of St. Augustine
  • Pilgrimage Church of Maria in the sand
  • Late Gothic Town Hall
  • The entire old town



  • Museum of the home group Haslau and around the house Kirchner
  • Craft museum in Faltertor
  • Museum Dettelbach - Pilgrims & pilgrimage in KUK Dettelbach


Opened in 2005, the sculpture pilgrim people leading from the Old Town to the Sanctuary.

Along the city walls, a way around the old city from the south ( entrance of the B 22) for Faltertor in the north east to the town church in the center.

A 2009 eröffneter legends and Mythenweg leads south-west of Federal Highway 22 from the Egerlander road through the vineyards to the road Spielberg. In the course of two kilometers varieties, principles of Dettelbacher wineries, windbreak hedges, impact and slip face of the Main, ecological viticulture and interesting facts ( and myths ) are presented from Dettelbach to twelve panels. The landmark "Seven heads - torture " after the Halfway provides on its narrow side of the saga of the beheading of seven insurgents dar.

Economy and infrastructure


Agriculture is heavily influenced by winegrowing (about 200 hectares) and has the vineyards Dettelbacher Honigsberg, Dettelbacher Sonnenleite, Dettelbacher mountain Rondell. Other important agricultural products include fruits, sugar beet and increased rapeseed and sunflower oil recovery

At the Dettelbach lying on the border of Würzburg district Mainfrankenpark, among other things, a multiplex cinema, a 3 -D cinema belongs ( former IMAX building), has a bowling center and various restaurants to offer. In addition to the recreational facilities offered by the Mainfrankenpark commercial space for different companies. Another, older industrial area ( industrial area east ) is located just outside the city on the Main. Here materials are mainly produced.

Also of importance is the tourism, the unbroken tradition at the beginning of pilgrimages to Mary in the sand, a 500 -year-old. Today, however, win bicycle tourists and wine lovers in importance.


Dettelbach is a popular holiday destination in the district of Kitzingen. In order to strengthen tourism in the region continues, The convivial Five were founded, to which besides Dettelbach nor the communities Gerolzhofen, Volkach, Kitzingen and Iphofen belong. In the city there are a range of 350 beds in hotels, private rooms and apartments.


Dettelbach is crossed by the federal road 22. The Dettelbach railway station on the Nuremberg- Würzburg is located a few kilometers west of the main town on the B 22

The former railway station - Dettelbach Dettelbach city was degraded via Bibergau. Between Bibergau and Dettelbach city runs in the valley floor a direct asphalt, agricultural road that is closed to vehicular traffic on Sundays and then can be used as a hiking trail.

The city is located on Main. At the Gemarkungsgrenze the motorways A 3 run (exits Dettelbach East and West) and A 7 They meet at Biebelrieder cross.

About a ferry Dettelbach is connected to the district Mainsondheim.


In Dettelbach there is a primary and secondary school, the Rudolf -von- Scherenberg elementary school and a junior high school on local, state Dettelbach Secondary School. The next high schools are the Egbert High School in Schwarzach ( six kilometers ) and the Armin - Knab High School in Kitzingen (ten km).


Dettelbach has several tennis courts, a football field, a sandpit for beach volleyball, a multipurpose hall with a bowling alley and a swimming pool. On the opposite side of the Main in the eingemeindeten village Mainsondheim an 18 -hole golf course. The flat bike paths on the banks of the Main River are also frequently used by inline skaters, on the Main, you can go with borrowed canoes ( canoes ).

Images from Dettelbach


Catholic parish church St.Augustinus

Cheat gate

Cheat gate

Catholic parish church St.Augustinus

Town Hall on the Dettel


Catholic Parish Church of St. Augustine

Old Mansion

Hardware Then- the oldest shop in town

House gable in the center



Sons and daughters of the town

  • Franz Christoph von Rothmund (1801-1891), German surgeon
  • Georg von Breunig (1855-1933), Bavarian State Minister of Finance
  • Ela Weber ( * 1966), German - Italian announcer and presenter