Deutsche Kommission Elektrotechnik Elektronik Informationstechnik im DIN und VDE
The DKE German Commission for Electrical, Electronic & Information Technologies of DIN and VDE is the competent organization in Germany for the development of standards, norms and safety regulations in the fields of electrical engineering, electronics and information technology. Chairman of the Commission since 2011 Wolfgang Hofheinz.
The VDE Association for Electrical, Electronic & Information Technologies -supported organization as a division of the VDE eV at the same time a Standards Committee in DIN German Institute for Standardization
As a German member of the international and European organizations for standardization of electrical DKE represents German interests in the development and expansion of the International and European standards to reduce trade barriers and global opening of markets.
The mission of the DKE
The DKE German Commission for Electrical, Electronic & Information Technologies of DIN and VDE serves as a modern, non-profit service organization of safe and efficient production, distribution and use of electricity and so the benefit of the public.
The DKE is
- The national organization for the development of standards and safety regulations in the field of electrical engineering, electronics and information technology in Germany
- An organ of the German Institute for Standardization ( DIN)
- Organ of the VDE Association for Electrical, Electronic & Information Technologies eV, which is carried by VDE
- The German member of the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) in Geneva
- The German member of the European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardization (CENELEC ), Brussels
- The competent authority for Germany National Standardization Organization ( NSO ) of the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI ) in Sophia Antipolis
The results of the DKE are an integral part of the German standard work. Your electrical safety standards simultaneously form the VDE rules and regulations as VDE regulations.
The tasks of the DKE is one among other
- The Comprehensive safety of electrical products and equipment as well as related services and OSH
- Ensure system compatibility of products and systems in networked systems and applications
- The merging of the knowledge and interests of all concerned professionals and consensus building in controversial substantive issues
- The representation of German interests in the development of International and European standards to reduce trade barriers and global opening of markets
The policies are set by the Steering Committee (SC ) with representatives from business, science and public administration. The Steering Committee is supported by the following bodies:
- Technical Advisory Board International and National Coordination ( TBINK )
- ETSI Technical Advisory Board ( TBETSI )
- Technical Advisory Board Conformity Assessment ( TBKON )
- Advisory Board Technology ( BKT )
- Financial Advisory
Technical Advisory Board International and National Coordination also represents the German Committee of the IEC and CENELEC, the Advisory Board technology analyzes standardization fields in the area of new technologies and the Financial Advisory Board advises the Steering Committee in matters of finance.
In addition to the office and the management DKE has nine faculties and the area of standardization. The topics of the subject areas are broken down as follows:
- Department 1: Electrical Engineering, Materials in Electrical Engineering and the Environment
- Department 2: General safety, design, installation and operation of electrical power supply systems
- Division 3: Equipment Energy Technology
- Department 4: Equipment of Power Supply, Communication Cables
- Division 5: for household and similar purposes, installation technology
- Department 6: Electronic components for telecommunications and electronics
- Department 7: News and information technology, telecommunications technology
- Faculty 8: medical, electro-acoustics, ultrasound, laser
- Department 9: SCADA