DFT is an abbreviation for:
- Density functional theory ( quantum physics ), a method for calculating the properties of many-electron systems, especially molecules and solids
- Density functional theory ( Statistical physics), a method for the treatment of many-body systems such as liquids and gases in statistical physics
- Discrete Fourier transform, a method of digital signal processing,
- Design-for-test/design-for-testability, design rules for the design of printed circuit boards or integrated circuits, so that they can be better tested
- DFT Maschinenbau GmbH company in Kremsmuenster ( Austria ) manufactures special machines.
- Designer for Tomorrow, a fashion award, which was launched by Peek & Cloppenburg KG Dusseldorf launched in 2009 and is directed to young designers.