Teodone is a city on the southeastern edge of the Alb- Donau-Kreis in Baden- Württemberg.
- 4.1 municipal
- 4.2 Coat of Arms
- 4.3 Mayor
- 5.1 traffic
- 5.2 Media
Expansion of the municipal district
Since the border between Baden -Württemberg and Bavaria not today follows the course of the Iller, but just to the west of it is, at the point where the river there was the beginning of the 19th century, have Teodone and Regglisweiler in their growth towards the east soon this reached limit. This leads to the peculiarity that the sports facilities in Regglisweiler, a short piece of the national road 260 in Regglisweiler, the sports facilities in Teodone as well as some houses on the eastern outskirts Dieterich home already are ( in the street Grenzweg ) in Bavaria.
The city is bordered to the south by Balzheim, on the west by Wain and Schwendihotel, both in the district of Biberach, on the north by Illerrieden and on the east by the Bavarian city of Illertissen, where after crossing the border is first a strip that is part of the unincorporated territory " floodplain " before the actual area of the city Illertissen begins.
The town next to the eponymous Teodone belongs to the district Regglisweiler which comprises about a third of the total population. Even the former castle estate Brandenburg, today a church facility, located on the city mountian. Here undertook Württemberg separatists under the leadership of a group of Rottenacker in 1816 the attempt to found a settlement radikalpietistische. When the King of Württemberg refused the approval, the separatists emigrated to Ohio, where they founded the settlement of Zoar. The group was formed in 1800 at the suggestion of the maid Barbara Grubenmann from depths in the Swiss canton of Appenzell Ausserrhoden, who was in Rottenacker.
The first traces of human settlement in space Teodone can be found from the Neolithic period, an archaeological era, which is placed in contrast to the previous Mesolithic with settled life and agriculture in conjunction. On the former road to consecration cell the so-called " Stump ditch " in 1908, a pierced Hammerknaufaxt (length 12.9 cm) was found from serpentine. Also the Neolithic belonging is from the south-west of Gerthofs located, actually Hallstatt necropolis (see below) derived, made of greenstone ax ( from grave hill 1 in 1934 recovered ).
The extent to which the region was used to Teodone during the Bronze Age, is unknown. The Iron Age grave with two hills near the Kreuthöfe (about 1 km from Regglisweiler ) and the aforementioned former grave mound field represented at Gerthof. The now completely leveled archaeological monuments included in 1897 still 19 grave mounds in " two groups - 8 to 23 m in diameter and up to 1 m in height ." Already in 1900, seemed all the hills to have been ransacked. Subsequent excavations yielded a rather small number of finds, but which the necropolis dated to the Hallstatt period. In the form of burial, it was consistently at cremations. Comparable Iron Age burial sites are in Illertal for example in Kirchberg an der Iller or mainly in the area around Tannheim (Württemberg).
From Roman times, a coin from the time of Marcus Aurelius ( Roman Emperor 161-180 ) has been found northwest of Teodone. An associated settlement is not known, but is north of Unterbalzheim a former Roman villa with remnants of a Hypokaustanlage known, with the construction of the Danube -Iller -Rhine limes, probably in the 3rd century AD, the region fell by today's Teodone probably again outside the frontiers of Rome. Historically documented in this context are Roman border guards to Iller and Danube rivers, such as the cohors III Herculea Pannoniorum in Mons Caelius ( Kellmünz ) or the cohors V Valeria Frigum in Pinianis, an unknown castle in the Iller river estuary. From the Middle Ages believed to originate a rampart from Regglisweiler ( " Teufelsgraben " ) and two ramparts on the Altenberg bei Teodone. Unfortunately, damage was done by illegal excavations here only recently.
In the year 973 Teodone was first mentioned as Töttinheim in a document of the monastery of Reichenau. Already around 1280 Teodone received its town charter by the Earl Hartmann and Otto of Brandenburg, after it had become in an agreement with King Rudolf of Habsburg imperial, with simultaneous Verlehnung to the counts - hence comes its coat of arms with the Hapsburg shield and imperial eagle. From the Count Hartmann and Brandenburg, the city dates from 1313 Burchart Ellerbach over. 1446 buys the Ulm patricians Heinrich Krafft ( Ludwig's brother) the rule that already in 1481 falls to Hans von Rechenberg, 1539 at Anton Graf Fugger but. In their rule, the city remained until the mediatization 1806.
In the Thirty Years' War Teodone to have been burned down. 1796 and 1800, French troops occupied the city. 1806, the city fell to the Kingdom of Bavaria, but it was already in 1810 the Kingdom of Württemberg slammed the back downgraded the former city to the municipality Class Three and slammed the bailiwick on the Danube. 1818 Oberamt Wiblingen was created, which was renamed in 1845 Oberamt Laupheim and was transferred to the district of Ulm, 1938. In the 1830s, Johann Gottlieb bought Freiherr von Süßkind from Augsburg rule Teodone from which they came on Wain over the Erbweg to the barons of Herman.
In 1953, the city finally awarded the Town Charter. In the administrative reform in 1972 the district of Ulm was enlarged to Alb- Donau-Kreis, and the formerly independent Regglisweiler voted in a vote for a merger with Teodone. The incorporation Regglisweilers took place on 1 January 1972.
The formerly purely Catholic community has in 1589 by Philipp Eduard, Octavian and Raimund Fugger was built and later renovated or expanded parish church of St. Martin and the parish church was built in 1841 St. John the Baptist in Regglisweiler. In Regglisweiler district is the Monastery of Brandenburg, a monastery of the community of Immakulataschwestern from Seraphic apostolate that operates several social institutions in the region.
Due to the influx of many refugees after the Second World War, a Protestant church was built in 1955.
Furthermore, there is a New Apostolic congregation and a Turkish - Islamic Cultural Association eV
Teodone is the seat of the local government association Dietesheim the next to the city Teodone belong to the communities Balzheim and Illerrieden.
The council has 18 members in Teodone. The turnout at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 was 50.2 %, and resulted in the following distribution of seats:
The council consists of the elected honorary councilors and the mayor as chairman. The mayor is entitled to vote in the local council.
Coat of arms
Blazon: Split front in red with a silver bar, silver back in a half, red reinforced black eagle at the gap
The mayor is elected for a term of eight years. The term of office of Sigisbert Straub (CDU ) ended on 1 June 2012. New mayor since June 16, 2012 Christopher Eh.
Economy and infrastructure
Teodone located at junction 124 ( " Illertissen ") of running in a north-south direction Autobahn 7
Also in the neighboring Bavarian city Illertissen consists rail connection to Ulm or Memmingen.
In Teodone the Illertal Messenger, which is a regional edition of the Southwest press appears.
1313 was a vigilante who in 1949 re- formed after its dissolution during the Third Reich paraded along with the marching band at festive occasions. Although belonging to Baden- Württemberg, they bear in mind the long affiliation with the Fuggers the uniform of the Royal Bavarian grenadiers.
Since 1871, the volunteer fire department consists city Teodone, which is also fire brigade for the Iller Valley from 1972. The volunteer fire department Teodone is divided into the departments use Teodone and Regglisweiler. In 1970, the Youth Fire Brigade was founded. After a 15-month construction period could be put into operation on 23 July 2010, the new, ultra-modern fire station in the industrial road.
Since 1872 is the Turnverein Teodone.
1901 was the Liederkranz Dietesheim 1905 TSV Regglisweiler was founded. In 1973 the satchel Burger fool guild was founded.
Teodone was the home of FC floodplain, the (so far) the worst football team in Germany. The highest defeat is reported by a 0:33. The team finished second in the C-Class Danube twelve years the last place; dismount she could not because it was the lowest league. The FC floodplain in 1974 stopped the operation of gambling.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Martin Brenner (1548-1616), 1585-1615 Catholic Prince-Bishop of the Diocese Seckau
- Franz Xaver Forchner (1717-1751), Baroque painter
- Chrysostom Forchner (1721-1791), Baroque painter
- Anton Herre (1910-1993), Bishop
- James Speth (1820-1856), Church painters