Ditzingen is a centrally located in the state of Baden- Wurttemberg City, which borders the north-west of Stuttgart.
Ditzingen is to Ludwigsburg Bietigheim- Bissingen, Kornwestheim and Vaihingen an der Enz the fifth largest city of the district of Ludwigsburg and Stuttgart belongs to the central area with the same regional center. The community Ditzingen has received city rights on 26 April in 1966 and is since October 1, 1976 large district.
- 2.1 Middle Ages to modern times
- 2.2 Amalgamations
- 2.3 Population development
- 4.1 municipal
- 4.2 Mayor
- 4.3 Coat of Arms and Flag
- 4.4 Town twinning
- 5.1 traffic
- 5.2 Media
- 5.3 Authorities and institutions
- 5.4 Education
- 5.5 Supply and Disposal
- 6.1 theater
- 6.2 Structures
- 6.3 Sports
- 7.1 freeman
- 7.2 Sons and daughters of the town
- 7.3 Other personalities who are associated with Ditzingen
Ditzingen located in the southwestern Neckarbecken between the Strudelbachhalle the west and the Glems the east of the urban area in Strohgäu at the transition to the so -called Long field. The Glems, a right tributary of the river Enz, flows through the core city Ditzingens. The city center is to the right of the river. The river once formed the tribal boundary of Swabia and Franconia and was at the same boundary of the two bishoprics of Speyer and constancy.
The following cities and municipalities border on the city Ditzingen. They are listed clockwise, starting in the east: Stuttgart -Weilimdorf (Prague ), Gerlingen ( district of Ludwigsburg ), Leonberg and Weissach (both in Böblingen ) and Eberdingen Hemmingen Korntal (all the district of Ludwigsburg ).
To Ditzingen include the formerly independent and incorporated in the 1970s and combined with the city Ditzingen communities Heimerdingen Hirschlanden and Schöckingen. The former municipalities form neighborhoods and villages also in the sense of Baden-Württemberg municipal code, which means they have a Ortschaftsrat, headed by a mayor. The local councils are elected by the voting population of the village at each municipal election. Furthermore, there is in every village a management body, which serves as the town hall on site. To town Ditzingen in the borders of June 30, 1970 include the city Ditzingen, the courtyards Green tree and Lerch courtyards and houses Ferbermühle, Maurenerberg, Upper Glemstal, Mount of Olives, stone tube, Tonmühle and Zechlesmühle. For the former municipality Heimerdingen include the village Heimerdingen and Outbound village Stetten. For the former municipality Hirschlanden include the village Hirschlanden and dialed localities wood home and Rotweil. For the former municipality Schöckingen include the village Schöckingen and the living space Talmuhle.
Middle Ages to modern times
Ditzingen is first mentioned in a deed of gift of the monastery Lorsch am Rhein from the year 769 under the name Tizingen documented. The place remained for centuries a small village that came to Württemberg in the 14th century. Ditzingen belonged to the upper office Leonberg, from 1938, the district Leonberg emerged. With the connection to the railway network ( Black Forest Railway ) in 1868, the industrialization and the place grew started strong, so he was finally raised in 1966 to the city. In 1971, the two neighboring communities Schöckingen and Heimerdingen were incorporated. In the district reform January 1, 1973 Ditzingen was assigned to the district of Ludwigsburg. On January 1, 1975, the city of Ditzingen merged with the municipality Hirschlanden the new city Ditzingen, the resulting crossed the 20,000 - population limit. Then the city council the request for elevation to the county seat, which the Baden-Württemberg state government then decided with effect from 1 October 1976.
Population figures for the respective territorial status. The figures are estimates, census results (¹) or official updates by the respective statistical offices ( primary residences only ).
¹ census results
The community was originally Ditzingen on the border of two dioceses, Constance and Speyer, which was formed by the river Glems. Therefore Ditzingen originally had two parish churches, the Constance Church and the Church of Speyer. Due to the very early membership of Württemberg, the Reformation was introduced in Ditzingen, consequently the place over many centuries was predominantly Protestant. The Constance Church remains to this day the main Protestant church. The Speyer church was handed over in 1347 by the Bishop of the Dominican convent of Pforzheim and was acquired in 1565 by Württemberg. She served afterwards ( to date) as a cemetery church. Even in today's Ditzinger districts the Reformation was introduced early. All four parishes belonged to the dean's office or church district of Leonberg within the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Württemberg.
In 1978 was formed from parts of the deaneries and dioceses Ludwigsburg and Leonberg, the new dean's office or the new church district Ditzingen which again belongs first to the Prelature of Stuttgart, then to the Prelature of Ludwigsburg and since 1 May 2003 Prelature of Stuttgart. Today, the Office of the Dean Ditzingen comprises 14 parishes, including the four parishes in Ditzinger urban area ( Ditzingen, Heimerdingen Hirschlanden and Schöckingen ).
After the Second World War, Catholics moved to Ditzingen. They could hold their services in 1946 in Speyer church before they could build 1961/64 their own church St. Mary Queen of the Holy Rosary. 1965 Ditzingen became a separate parish. The community was one of the first to the Dean's Office Ludwigsburg of the diocese of Rottenburg- Stuttgart. In Hirschlanden a Catholic church was built in 1976 also. There, in 1974, the church had already been built to the Holy Trinity. From the Catholic parish Hirschlanden the Catholics in Heimerdingen and Schöckingen are cared for. In Heimerdingen there is a church (Holy Spirit Church ) from 1964. Both parishes ( Ditzingen and Hirschlanden ) together with the Catholic Church of St. Peter and Paul Gerlingen the Seelsorgeeinheit Southern Strohgäu.
Besides the two large churches there are in Ditzingen also free churches, for example, meeting life eV (origin of the Association Forum of life ) and Evangelical Free Church congregations in Ditzingen and Hirschlanden district. In addition, the New Apostolic Church is represented in all districts of Ditzingen.
As a large district Ditzingen is under the technical supervision of the Regional Council Stuttgart, while the district of Ludwigsburg only has the legal supervision.
Since the last municipal election held on 7 June 2009, the council has 32 members. The turnout was 54.72 %. The choice was as follows:
Another member of the council and its chairman is the mayor.
1Grüne list 2Unabhängige citizens
At the head of the municipality Ditzingen was a mayor or mayor. Since the survey of major district town on October 1, 1976, the mayor carries the official title of Lord Mayor. This is directly elected by the voters to eight years. He is chairman of the council. His general deputy is the first councilor with the official title of mayor.
Coat of arms and flag
The coat of arms of the city Ditzingen shows in split front plate in silver two diagonally crossed red wall hooks, rear in red with a silver cross with paw ends a fallen silver ploughshare. The city flag is red and white. Coat of arms and flag were led by Ditzingen before the municipal reform ( the flag since 1967). The newly created at the municipal reform city had to give up arms and flag new; this happened on April 23, 1976 the District Office Ludwigsburg.
The cross was also found in the coat of arms of the formerly independent municipality Schöckingen. The ploughshare is to symbolize agriculture, which used for all parts of the city main branch. The wall hooks are an old landmark sign Ditzingens.
The coat of arms of Ditzinger districts were as follows:
- Heimerdingen: In blue two diagonally crossed fallen golden rake, including a golden Lanzapfen.
- Hirschlanden: In gold lying under a black deer rod a pale -looking red car asked Lanne. Flag: red and yellow. (Coat of Arms and Flag awarded on January 23, 1961)
- Schöckingen: Under golden head of the shield, is a recumbent stag black rod in red a continuous silver cross, bewinkelt of four golden horseshoes.
Economy and infrastructure
Ditzingen is a modern industrial city. Particularly pronounced in mechanical engineering, and publishing industries are represented (eg Reclam -Verlag) and the printing industry. The largest Ditzinger company is engineering company Trumpf. It generated in 2005 with 6,100 employees, a turnover of around 1.4 billion euros. Supra-regional importance also has the dealer cooperation Euronics Germany, which has around 1,800 members.
Ditzingen is also the location for many medium-sized companies, such as the oil mill or auto spare parts wholesale auto parts Ditzingen GmbH. Similarly, the German Papier Vertriebs GmbH, a subsidiary company is the Australian PaperlinX group, successfully represented in Ditzingen for many years as a paper wholesaler for the Baden-Württemberg region. Ditzingen is also the headquarters of the pasta manufacturer citizens.
For mid-2014, the summary of the locations in Stuttgart, Korntal and Pforzheim Thales Germany in Ditzingen is planned. For more than 1400 employees of the technology group, a new complex of buildings with a floor space of 51,500 square meters, will be built on the A81 motorway, which can hold up to 1,800 people and will be equipped with the latest building.
About the Black Forest Railway Weil der Stadt Stuttgart, on the upside, the S6 and S60, the S -Bahn Stuttgart, Ditzingen station is connected to the rail network. The district Heimerdingen is connected by the Strohgäubahn Korntal- Weissach. Public transport operate several bus lines. All lines operate at uniform prices within the transport association Stuttgart.
The Stuttgart International Airport is located in about 25 km away Leinfelden.
About the local scene reported the Leonberger county newspaper, now a local section of the Stuttgarter Zeitung and a Strohgäu output, the Ludwigsburg district newspaper.
Weekly Ditzinger the Gazette, in which, among other official notices to be published appears.
To the south of the district Hirschlanden is the medium wave radio station AFN for the Stuttgart region.
Authorities and institutions
In Ditzingen the logistics center of Baden- Württemberg is ( LZBW ). It reports to the Interior Ministry of Baden -Württemberg and is the central authority for the central purchasing and procurement for the police sector and for all state institutions.
Ditzingen also has a notary and is the seat of the church district Ditzingen or a dean of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Württemberg.
Ditzingen has a Gymnasium ( high school in the Glemsaue ), a secondary school (Realschule in Glemsaue ), special education ( Wilhelm School ), two elementary schools in the core city ( Wilhelm School and Conrad Kocher school) and another in Heimerdingen district, and two basic and secondary schools with Werkrealschule, namely the Konrad Kocher school in the core city and the Theodor- Heuglin School Hirschlanden - Schöckingen in Hirschlanden district.
Supply and disposal
The electricity and gas network in the city is operated by EnBW Regional AG. The drinking water is partially funded from municipal wells (35% ), the rest is purchased from the Lake Constance Water Supply and the Strohgäu - water supply. Together with the city of Stuttgart a private sewage treatment plant in the lower Glemstal is operated. The waste is taken from the Abfallverwertungsgesellschaft of the district Ludwigsburg mbH ( AVL), a 100 % subsidiary of the district Ludwigsburg. AVL is mandated to carry out the tasks for the prevention, recovery and disposal of waste on behalf of the district Ludwigsburg.
Culture and sights
The town hall Ditzingen is the event center of the city. Among other things there are theater performances are offered.
In the city center there is the 1477 consecrated Constance Church, the main Protestant church of the city. In addition, the new City Hall is the civic hall. In the three - gabled house, which can be described as a landmark of the city, the Municipal Library and the Municipal Gallery, housed the town museum in the neighboring old town hall. In the city center there is also the Ditzinger Castle, originally a medieval castle, which in 15-16. Century was built and was the seat of the local nobility. Located just outside the city of Speyer Church (formerly St. Lambertus ) dates from the 16th century and is now used as a cemetery church.
A little oddity is that there are both churches in large series offered H0 models; Constance of Vollmer, the Speyer from Kibri. In total the German-speaking only about a dozen different models of real religious buildings.
The Protestant Church in Heimerdingen was originally dedicated to Saint Peter. It was rebuilt in 1776 after a fire as a classicist church hall. The Catholic Holy Ghost Church was built in 1964. In Hirschlanden there is a Romanesque church, which was enlarged in 1748. The Catholic Holy Trinity Church was built in 1974. The Protestant Church in Schöckingen with late Romanesque and late Gothic parts includes tombs of the Lords of Nippenburg and Gaisberg from the 16th and 17th centuries.
Biggest sports club, the TSF Ditzingen who are successful especially in football, fencing and chess:
The footballers of the TSF Ditzingen played and temporarily in the Regionalliga Süd or league.
The Ditzinger fencers won in 2003 and 2006 the Germany Cup in the men's epee, a team competition, which is comparable to the DFB Cup in football. In addition, the epee team of TSF 2004 and 2006 reached the semi-finals of the German Championship. The Women's epee team of TSF Ditzingen in 2011 reached the final of the Germany Cup. 2011 won the Ditzinger all three titles at the German sword Championships Youth B: Samuel Unterhauser won the singles title in the year 1997, Simon Greul won the 1998 vintage; Samuel Unterhauser and Fabian Heuer (5th in the individual 1997) collected the day after the selection Württemberg the DM team title. The TSF presented in 2001 with Bruno Kachur the Vice World Champion Epee Senior Ü50; three times were the TSF seniors ( Ü40 ) since 2002 German team champion in the men's epee, twice succeeded the DM victory of the women's epee team Ü40.
The city has Ditzingen following people granted honorary citizenship:
Sons and daughters of the town
Other personalities who are associated with Ditzingen
- Günther Oettinger, since 2010 European Commissioner for Energy from 2005 to 2010 Minister President of Baden -Württemberg, grew up in Ditzingen, where he was Chairman of the CDU Ditzingen, leader of the CDU faction in the city council and co-founder of the JU Ditzingen. 1982 ran Oettinger unsuccessfully for the office of Mayor Ditzinger.