The district of Donau -Ries is the northernmost district of the Bavarian administrative region of Swabia and lies on the border to Baden- Württemberg.
- 2.1 Population development
- 3.1 roads
- 3.2 railway
- 4.1 District
- 4.2 Coat of Arms
The district of Donau-Ries in the northwest includes the Ries, a nearly circular, sunken in the Mittelgebirgszug the Swabian-Franconian Jura basin landscape, whose diameter is about 22 km. Owes its existence to the Ries meteorite impact, called the Ries event.
The Ries joins the East Franconian Alb. To the south it falls from the Danube -Lech - area which is among geologically to Riesalb. The Danube touches the southern district area from west to east. Here lies the major district town Donauwörth in whose territory the city from the south cooperation and Schmutter and joins the road from the north Wörnitz lead. The Wörnitz flows through the district from north to south and takes in Heroldingen (city Harburg) that joins the road from west to Eger. In the southeast of the district in Marxheim the zoom flowing from the south Lech flows into the Danube.
Neighboring districts are in the north of the district of Ansbach and the county White Castle -Gunzenhausen, in the northeastern district of Eichstätt, in the eastern district of Neuburg -Schrobenhausen, in the south, the counties Aichach -Friedberg, Augsburg and Dillingen on the Danube River in the west of Baden- Württemberg counties Heidenheim and Ostalb.
Today the district of Donau-Ries belonged before 1800 for most of the Principality of Oettingen and the imperial city of Nördlingen. 1803 and 1806 the area came to Bavaria. 1803, the district court Monheim, 1805, the district court Nördlingen and the rule of court Oettingen and 1807, the district court Donauwörth was built. They all belonged in 1808 to Altmühltherme circle or upper circle Danube and from 1810 to the Upper Danube circle. 1809 Nördlingen was a circular immediate city. From 1838 all belonged country or dominion courts to the district Swabia and Neuburg, today's administrative region of Swabia. In 1850, Donauwörth was a circular immediate city. In 1852 the same district court was formed from the rule court Oettingen. 1862 originated from the regional court districts Donauwörth and Monheim the District Donauwörth, where from the district court Donauwörth the urban and rural Donauwörth court was formed, and from the regional court districts Nördlingen and Oettingen the district Nördlingen. 1879/80 and the District Donauwörth was slightly changed by seven municipalities were annexed to the district of Neuburg an der Donau. The two districts Donauwörth and Nördlingen were referred from 1939 as counties. 1940, the circular municipalities directly Donauwörth and Nördlingen were incorporated into the counties, but this was reversed in 1949 in the case of Nördlingen.
As part of local government reform in 1972, from the counties of Nördlingen and Donauwörth and the independent city of Nördlingen, the space Rain of the district of Neuburg adDonau and smaller parts of the districts of Dillingen and Gunzenhausen formed a new county, the first of the name of the district of Nördlingen Donauwörth received, on 1 September was renamed in 1973 in the district of Donau -Ries. Preliminary county seat was first Nördlingen, but in 1973 Donauwörth set as county seat. Nördlingen was given the status of a district town due to the loss of freedom circle. On January 1, 1998 Donauwörth was declared the county seat, especially since this city was circular vacant until 1940.
The district of Donau-Ries won 1988-2008 approximately 12,000 residents added or increased by approximately 10%. As of 2006, the trend was declining.
The following numbers refer to the territorial status of 25 May 1987.
The county has no share in highways. Main roads are therefore the main roads.
In a north-south direction of the circle is traversed by the B 2, reached from Nürnberg ( access to the A 9) north of Monheim the region, with past -book village, Kaisheim, Donauwörth and Asbach- Baeumenheim the Donau-Ries district south of Mertingen towards Augsburg again leaves ( access to the A 8).
Most important east-west connection is the B 16 reaches from the west Günzburg (connection to A 8) at Tapfheim the county, passing Donauwörth, Asbach- trees home and Genderkingen before it continues east of Rain direction Ingolstadt (connection to A 9).
North of Donauwörth branches from the B 2 B 25. Initially leads you in a northwesterly direction past Harburg Möttingen and then continue on Nördlingen, Wallerstein, Marktoffingen and Fremdingen north towards Dinkelsbühl (connection to A 7).
From the southwest ( from Heidenheim an der Brenz ) to the northeast ( Ansbach ) B leads 466 through the county, touching Edersheim, Nördlingen, Oettingen and Hainsfarth.
Finally, runs from Nördlingen from the B 29 in a westerly direction over Aalen (connection to A 7) to Waiblingen near Stuttgart.
Built by the Bavarian state north-south railway line Augsburg -Nürnberg Gunzenhausen reached 1844 Donauwörth and was extended in 1849 to over Nördlingen Gunzenhausen.
From Nördlingen was reached in 1863 the railway in Württemberg Aalen (now Ries Railway Donauwörth- Aalen ) and 1876 Dinkelsbühl ( railway Nördlingen Dombühl ).
With the Donautalbahn Ingolstadt -Ulm, which was opened in 1874 to Donauwörth, was also an important railway junction; the line was continued from 1877 to Blenheim.
State local railway lines were built in 1903 by Nördlingen to Wemding and 1905 of Mertingen station to Wertingen.
The direct route from Treuchtlingen to Donauwörth on the Alb with branch path Fünfstetten - Monheim is traveled only since 1906. In order for a rail network of 166 kilometers in length was formed.
Relatively late in the passenger traffic was set to five Lokalbahnen of 68 km in length:
After all, almost 100 km of major routes have been preserved; is also 40 km of railways still a tourist traffic - sometimes with steam trains - each.
Donauwörth is the only station of the district, which is connected to the ICE and IC network. Since the opening of the high-speed line Nuremberg -Ingolstadt- Munich but operate much less high-speed trains.
=== === Council
Allocation of seats in the council of the district of Donau-Ries ( local elections 2008 ):
Coat of arms
Blazon: "Divided: top in gold, a growing red reinforced black eagle, split down the front of a golden red St. Andrew's cross, behind the Bavarian lozenges. "
Cities and Towns
(Population at 31 December 2012)
Free community areas ( 23.35 km ²)