Dongio is a village and former municipality in the canton of Ticino, Switzerland.
Dongio was first mentioned in 1188 as Deuci. Dongio had 532 inhabitants in 1682, which decreased to 391 in 1808. The population was then stable for longer, reaching 488 in 1900 and 423 in 2000.
In 2004, the municipality has merged with neighboring municipalities Castro, Corzoneso, Largario, Leontica, Lottigna, Marolta, Ponto Valentino and Prugiasco to new and larger municipality Acqua Rossa.
- Valerio Lazzeri, Bishop
- Parish Church of Santi Luca e Fiorenzo, mentioned in 1205
- Church of Saint Virgin Mary's Nativity in the district of " motto " (14th century) >
- Pharmacy Martinoli (1865 )
- Ristorante della Stazione with decorative paintings by Enrico Giani
- In the cemetery, grave Belgeri, Architect: Giuseppe Bordonzotti (1925 )
- Various Iron Age finds, found in 1758
- Oratory of Santi Domenico e Francesco, in the district " alla Fontana »
- In the district of " motto", the church of San Pietro with frescoes