Dortmund University of Applied Sciences and Arts
The Fachhochschule Dortmund, with over 11,000 students one of the largest colleges in North Rhine -Westphalia. She is represented at three locations in Dortmund.
The origins of the Fachhochschule Dortmund are in the Royal foreman School of Mechanical Engineering, which opened in today's Cross district on November 3, 1890 at the site sun road.
As of 1893, the educational institution operated under the title "Royal engineering schools to Dortmund " and consisted of three departments:
- Royal Technical High School of Mechanical Engineering
- Royal foreman school for mechanical engineers, locksmiths and blacksmiths
- Evening and Sunday Tutorial with subject teaching ( evening classes )
On April 1, 1931, further renaming took place this time in " United State Technical Colleges of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering ."
In 1969, major restructuring took place after a strike semester - student representatives on all committees and tests - institutionalization of the field of information technology with a hardware configuration of electron tube analog computer and phywe relay computer.
Today's Fachhochschule Dortmund was founded on August 1, 1971 on the basis of the former State School of Engineering, the School of Applied Arts Dortmund as well as the Higher Schools of social work, social and economic. In the founding period to 1972 a total of 2800 students were enrolled, with 144 professors were on hand. Meanwhile, the number has grown to about 12,250 students ( WS 2013/14 ). These are served by 221 professors, plus, 416 lecturers, 22 teaching staff for special tasks and 176 scientific and artistic staff / inside.
The headquarters is located in Dortmund Kreuzviertel ( Sun 96-100 ). There are the departments of Information and Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering at this site. The Department of Design is also located in the city center, but there in a paged building (Max- Ophüls -Platz 2 ).
The largest site is located on the North Campus of the Technical University of Dortmund. Here, the faculties of architecture, computer science, applied social sciences and economy ( Emil-Figge-Str. 40, 42, 44), their place, where by far the greater part of the students is to be found.
(Updated: December 20, 2011)
Department 1: Architecture
Department 2: Design with
Division 3: Information and Electrical Engineering with
Department 4: computer science with
Division 5: Mechanical Engineering
Faculty 8: Applied Social Sciences
Department 9: economy
- International Business long ( eight semesters) with a double degree ( German and foreign degree ) - undergraduate
- International Business short (six semesters ) - Bachelor
One of the key operating units of the Fachhochschule Dortmund includes the management of the data processing center ( DPCs ) and the university library.
The university administration ensures the fulfillment of the tasks of the university in planning, administration and legal matters. It sees itself as a service for students, teaching, research and development.
The University Council of the University of Applied Sciences Dortmund is composed of three internal and seven external members. Chairman of the University Council is Angela Flint, Deputy Chairman is Gerald Koeniger.
Data Processing Centre
The data processing center ( DVZ ) is responsible for the provision, operation and organization of the central data processing and data communication systems and their network infrastructure. The DVZ coordinates the university-wide network, system and software use, and security in the IT sector. An extensive consulting services supports students and members in the IT environment.
The university library is a public, scientific library. It supports teaching, training and applied research in the procurement and provision of relevant information, teaching materials and scientific literature.
Research and development priorities
• Biomedical Technology ( BMT) departments of information and electrical engineering, computer science & engineering
• Computer Simulation in Mechanical Engineering Department of Mechanical Engineering
• Intelligent Business Information Services ( IBIS) departments of computer science, Economics & Applied Social Sciences
• Communication Technology Department of Information and Electrical Engineering Centre of Excellence on " Communication and Applied Signal Processing ( CAS) " • Medical computer science department of computer science
• Mobile Business - Mobile Systems Divisions economy and computer science
• Process Improvement for Mechatronic and Embedded Systems ( PIMES ) departments of computer science & information technology and electrical engineering
- Emscher- Lippe- Institute of Automation and Quality Assurance GmbH ( ELIAS )
- Institute for Occupational information and expert systems at the Fachhochschule Dortmund eV ( IBIES )
- European test center for domestic ventilation units eV ( TZWL )
- Institute of Communications Technology
- Institute of Microsystem Technology (IFM Environmental Monitoring )
- Institute of Vehicle and Traffic Engineering (in formation )
- Institute for " Embedded Signal Processing and Automation " (in formation )
Memberships of the College
- Working Group on University Adult Education eV
- Working group of the scientific institutions Dortmund ( Windo )
- Auslandsgesellschaft North Rhine-Westphalia
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD )
- German Association for Welding Technology
- German Association for Public and Private Welfare
- Dortmund Forum wife and Industry Association
- Research Society of Gerontology
- Society for computer science
- Rectors' Conference of North Rhine -Westphalia
- International Association of Schools of Social Work
- International Society for Engineering Education ( IGIP )
- Social Work Departments
- Federation of Library Associations
- Association of German Electrical Engineers
- Association for the Promotion of German Research Network
- University Press
- World University Service
- Centers for communication and information processing in teaching and research (ZKI )
- École des Praticiens du Commerce International, Cergy- Pontoise, France
- European Humanities University, Minsk, Belarus
- Hogeschool voor Economische Studies, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Hogeschool Zeeland, Vlissingen, The Netherlands
- Fachhochschule Kärnten Spittal an der Drau, Austria
- Internacional Film and Television School, Havana, Cuba
- Janus Pannonius University, Pécs, Hungary
- Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds, United Kingdom
- Pirkanmaa Polytechnic, Tampere, Finland
- Shandong Jiaotong University, Jinan, People's Republic of China
- Staffordshire University, Staffordshire, UK
- Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby, Denmark
- Tsinghua University, Academy of Arts & Design, Beijing, People's Republic of China
- Universidad de Guanajuato, Guanajuato, Mexico
- University of Latvia, Riga, Latvia
- Université de Picardie Jules Verne, Amiens, France
- University of Plymouth, Plymouth, UK
- University of Southern Queensland, Toowoomba, Australia
- University of Westminster, London, United Kingdom
- University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- University of Szczecin, Szczecin, Poland
- Belarusian State Economic University, Minsk, Belarus
- Belarusian State Economic University, Minsk, Belarus
- Guangdong University of Foreign Studies, Guangzhou, China
- University of North Florida, Jacksonville, United States
- University of Abertay Dundee, Dundee, United Kingdom