Dover was a truck brand, which belonged to the Hudson Motor Car Co. in Detroit. Hudson brought the brand in July 1929 out as Dover built by Hudson Motors.
Upon release, the following structures were available: Plane, flatbed with roof, flatbed without sides, platform with side panels and chassis. Prices fluctuated between U.S. $ 595 and U.S. $ 695. Other truck bodies were made by Hercules in Evansville (Indiana).
The largest customer for Dover was the U.S. Post Office, which began in the trucks for the distribution of letters and as delivery vehicles. Dover trucks were very durable; U.S. Mail used some of these vehicles until the late 1950s.
The Dover brand was again withdrawn from the market in 1930 or 1931; the records of the Hudson are not as accurate on this point. It did not survive many vehicles, the only restored postal delivery wagon owned by a collector in Michigan.