The two-axle covered wagons in large-scale car type Glrhs Dresden was built in 1937 in a welded design for the German Reichsbahn. Although the first welded freight cars were produced in 1933, only began to change after 1936 when this car genus of the riveted design for welded construction. In order to achieve a higher efficiency in cargo - speed traffic, a series of experiments was started with various car types already supported by the Deutsche Reichsbahn -Gesellschaft, 1934. The goal was to develop freight cars for a higher speed than 65 km / h and some car types with a higher load weight for series production. Through the use of different materials and manufacturing technologies was found around 1936 and implemented the best solution for the large-scale covered wagons.
Covered large-scale freight cars
The first welded wagons with a loading area of 29.4 m² were the 1936 built spacious car of the genus District "Dresden" with the generic character " Glr ". The type of wagon " Glrhs Dresden " was a further development of this car and was built in 1937 only as a high-speed freight wagons. They were designed as a transfer car for the transition to broad gauge, possessed a Dampfheizleitung and were approved for a cruising speed of 90 km / hr. Equipped with nine-layered and 1,650 mm long suspension springs, a wheelbase of 7,000 mm, it had a payload of 15 tons and a capacity of 17.5 tons. These cars had a length over buffers 12,100 mm without hand brakes and 12,800 mm with handbrake. The charge length was 10.7200 mm, width 2,740 mm and 2,845 mm loading height to roof apex. The load volume up to the roof apex was 79.1 m³ and up to the height of the side walls 62.3 m³. Your brakeman's cab was made of wood, with windows in the doors on both sides and the parking brake lever was inside with a crankcase made of sheet metal, again, they were having a Hildebrand -Knorr air brakes for freight trains ( Hikg brake) equipped. The bodies were in color RAL 8012, the arched roof in RAL 7009 and the car frame in RAL 9005 painted.
Covered wagons with large-scale front doors
This 1937 build wagons had the same dimensions as the cars of the type of wagon Glrhs Dresden, but had two double doors at both ends and was therefore built without handbrake. Its capacity but was limited to 15.75 tons. They were built for the transport of motor vehicles or bodies, in order to better protect them against weather influences. Each side wall had three charging or ventilation openings and each one sliding door with dimensions of 2,000 by 2,000 mm mmm; the height of the side walls was 2.120 mm. For a softer cushion neunlagige suspension springs were used with a length of 1,800 mm, which were connected by Rechteckschaken with the support spring hangers. (* DB: Gltmrhs 46; * DR: Gltrhs 13)
Based on the results of development of this wagon of the genus Dresden district originated in 1943, the car of the car type " Glmhs Leipzig " war design. Indicated on the design plans of this type of wagon turn was the makeshift passenger cars of the "Series MCi -43 ".
- DB group characters and style number 1951
- DR in the GDR group characters and species number in 1951
- Length over the buffers with handbrake